Twin Jet vs Jet Fin Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68:
You might get away with large. Keep in mind the Lagre Jets are quite a bit smaller (overall) than the XL's

BUT the XL Jets sport the biggest misnomer in the business, when I wear size 8 Henderson Gold Core booties with my warm water rig and I find that the XL's are a dead on perfect fit. I use a 8" sping straps and the fit is perfect.

Kidspot has a great Jet Fin sizing chart. I'll try to find it for you.

Cali68,
I've been trying to find the correct sized spring heel. I'm in a size 9 wetsuit boot and XL Jetfin which fits great. I ordered the Halcyon size Large springs, which I think come to 10 inches. These actually measure around 10.75 inches. I found that I did not have enough "bite" with this length of strap. I was told by H. that the Medium 8 " springs would be to small. Sounds like we are similar in size. Any recommendations...hate to order the Med's and find them too small.

Thanks,
Randy

jrk:
Cali68,
I've been trying to find the correct sized spring heel. I'm in a size 9 wetsuit boot and XL Jetfin which fits great. I ordered the Halcyon size Large springs, which I think come to 10 inches. These actually measure around 10.75 inches. I found that I did not have enough "bite" with this length of strap. I was told by H. that the Medium 8 " springs would be to small. Sounds like we are similar in size. Any recommendations...hate to order the Med's and find them too small.

Thanks,
Randy

Hi Randy, that's a tough one! Too bad they don't make a size 9" :) I'd have to agree that the size 8" may be too small.

CALI68:
Hi Randy, that's a tough one! Too bad they don't make a size 9" :) I'd have to agree that the size 8" may be too small.
Hey guys,
I'm just getting back into the dive scene recently and I recieved a set of SP Twinjets size large. I havent gotten them wet yet and want to go to a hard sole bootie like Henderson's 5mm Hyperstrech or Bare 6mm Ice boot with Innovative's new spring straps. I wear a size 10 regular soft sole bootie now and my heel just barely hangs off the footbed of the fin. Are these fins gonna be big enough with the higher profile hard soles? ANy ideas on the size/spring straps are greatly appreciated too.

I am wearing Henderson Gold Core 5mm (hard sole, size 9) with Twin Jet L having my "H" brand spring strap. Even, I can wear Twin Jet Medium size. So, Twin Jet L will be OK with size 10

Thanks hoosier!

Back
Top Bottom