Tying Knots for primary and back up lights.and twist tying knots to regs with o rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichLockyer:
No problem and thanks.
It'll be interesting to hear GI's comments.

couldn't get ahold of GI but JJ wrote me this reply.
++++++++++++++
Using cave line and tying the clip is and has always been the preferred method. The breakaway was a very temporary experiment that we used for the rebreathers but quickly abandoned as being unnecessary and problematic.

Best,

Jarrod Jablonski

President/Director of Training Global Underwater Explorers (www.gue.com)
CEO Halcyon Manufacturing (www.halcyon.net)
CEO Extreme Exposure (www.extreme-exposure.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 3:51 PM
To: jj@gue.com
Subject: which is now the correct method?

On the message board (scuba, not Deco Stop) there's an ongoing thread about the proper way to attach a bolt snap to the pri reg for clip off. One method is cave line the other is o-ring/zip tie. which is now correct?

++++++++++++++++

Thanks for posting that!

It clearly shows what they currently believe to be correct and also shows that they do try other methods and evaluate them as possiblilities for a better way to do things.

So, the DIR system is evolving by continuously looking for better ways to do things.

That's good to hear.

Christian

For a light, is there any reason you couldn't use a ziptie directly to the snapbolt?

Marc

FLL Diver:
For a light, is there any reason you couldn't use a ziptie directly to the snapbolt?

Marc

Aaron's on point with this one. I learned the hard way when I showed up to fundies with about 50 zip ties on my gear that the instructor twisted off by hand without much effort at all. They break really easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom