Tyler State Park Trash Fest / Treasure Hunt - June 9-10, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twinklez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As part of the 2007 Divemaster class from Scuba Steve's, I'm very happy to announce the third annual Tyler State Trashfest and Treasure Hunt!

Trashfest is a non-profit environmental awareness and charity fundraiser event sponsored by the staff and 2007 Divemaster class from ScubaSteve's Aquatic Adventures. Through Trashfest, we clean up Tyler State Park and raise money for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is one of the nation's leading pediatric centers for the treatment of orthopedic conditions, certain related neurological disorders and learning disorders, such as dyslexia. Since inception in 1921, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children has provided care for more than 180,000 children. There is no charge to patient families for treatment, and admission is open to Texas children from birth to 18 years of age.

Tyler State Park is 985.5 acres in Smith County, north of Tyler. The park includes a 64-acre lake. The land was deeded by private owners in 1934 and 1935; original improvements were made by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). The park opened in 1939. Tyler State Park has both dry and RV camping available with most sites having running water and electricity. There are hot showers and restrooms located all over the park. Contact the park now for campsite reservations!

This year's event will be our third annual, and will feature an expanded two-day schedule with activities for everyone. There will be more Scottish Rite patients (kids!) involved in water activities, and more money raised for the hospital! There will be diving, snorkeling and swimming events to test your skills, as well as a 5K run/walk. We're talking navigation, relays and even a poker run! Come one or come as a team; we've got an event scheduled for you!

Last years total prize giveaways exceeded $12,000. This years' goal is to increase the amount of giveaways and exceed last years donation to Scottish Rite Hospital. Come out and join us for a great weekend of fun, food and prizes. Have a great time and help out with a worthwhile cause.

It's a whole lotta fun and a very worth while cause! Join us Saturday and Sunday, June 9th and 10th at Tyler State Park in Texas!

You can find http://www.scubastevesadventures.com/trashfestreg.htmregistration forms and information here! Send me a PM with your questions!

Tina good seeing you on the board,,,and thanks for the event info.. :)

It's a fun event ! It's a worthy cause and you'll probablly win more stuff then your entry fee cost you. The after party over by the Famous Brush Pile with Bubba the 12 lbs. Bass, Ray Cat Charles the 35lbs. blind cat fish and all the other 1000's and 1000's of fishes is worth the trip even if you don't dive the event. Be sure to bring a pack of Oscar Mayer Wenners for the fish. ( they prefer that brand but others will probably work too )

TwoBitTxn:
It's on my calender. Anyone want to form a team?

TwoBit
Yes, please! Get some of our buddies together and come on out and dive. Because I'm a DMC, my participation is limited to coordinating events, serving as a safety diver, serving food and things of that nature. I'm in charge of the marshmallow relay! :)

Alan and Frank - Hello! and thank you for your support! It was a really fun event. I participated in the first annual as a diver, and the 2nd annual as both a diver for the treasure hunt, and a safety diver for the kids snorkeling event. Oh wait, I was also the greeter at the front gate! I had a really great time and the camping is terrific! I have a couple of friends coming from the Lake Charles area and hopefully some of my Houston friends will come as well. I would love to see both of you and all of my other TSD buddies there!

I am betting Timeliner and I show....I have never dove Tyler State Park,,,,,Frank says the event is a good time!

Hey, you know we're in! Hope to camp out that weekend. I promise you'll have a good time! 'Twas where I met blindref and Scubabum, too.

It's a date. :)

Timeliner:
The after party over by the Famous Brush Pile with Bubba the 12 lbs. Bass, Ray Cat Charles the 35lbs. blind cat fish and all the other 1000's and 1000's of fishes is worth the trip even if you don't dive the event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom