Tyler State Park Trash Fest / Treasure Hunt - June 9-10, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C'mon June!

Just a reminder to keep your calendars clear, get your registration forms in. I'm hoping to see some of my friends at Tyler State Park June 9 and 10 for the Annual Trashfest and Treasure Hunt (new and expanded by the way)!

Tyler State Park is a terrific venue for any event. But this event is special! Check out the link in my first post about the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. That's were all of the proceeds go. It helps kids who need help and can't afford to get it otherwise.

Better than 2 birds with one stone:

- You'll have a terrific time
- You'll help clean up the lake
- You'll help kids who really need help
- You'll meet a lot of great people from all over Texas
- You'll win prizes
- You'll dive a beautiful lake
- You'll have the opportunity to show us your diving skills

I could go on and on; but really, how many more reasons do you need?

C'mon out and meet the local crowd in Tyler, TX!

TwinkleZ, I'll see if I can get some of my CDOT (Christian Divers of Texas) buddies to join me in a team and we'll be there with bells on! How many divers make up a team, by the way?
We attend the CSSP "Dive from the Heart" benefitting the Children's Miracle Network every year, and that, too is a great event. I hadn't heard of the Tyler benefit, but I bet it's terrific. We'll make plans on attending this June for sure. Hope to meet you there!
Bill

We'd be delighted to have you and your friends participate in the Trashfest Bill. The more, the merrier! This is our 3rd year and each year it gets bigger and better. Last year we gave away over 10k in prizes as well as being able to make a sizeable donation to the Scottish Rite Hospital. This year is the first-ever 2-day event.

Teams are not necessary, you can come as an individual. Typically the treasure hunt is done in pairs. The relay events will be teams of 4. If you don't have a dive buddy or aren't part of a team we'll group you with other solo divers. Check out the post at the beginning of the thread for links to Scuba Steve's site where you can get the registration forms and send them in. If you plan to camp, I recommend getting your site lined up as soon as possible as the park will fill up quickly that weekend.

I didn't know about the benefit at Clear Springs. I dive there a lot in the summer months and had not seen anything about it before. I'll be sure to ask Robert the next time I get out there.

Twobit, I'm in if you'll have me! I know I'm new at this, but I had a couple of good teachers!

I'll talk John into it as well.

I've got it marked on the calendar. Oh, and by then, my wife will be certified!! I guess I'll let her go too!

(I hope she doesn't read this.....)

Wow! It'll be great to have a whole bunch of my Scubaboard friends there! Wooohooo! I'm really looking forward to it!

I might just drag out the tent and stay a couple of nights
Shoot... there are motels near by too if the party gets big ! :wink:

I'm a bit unclear on all the event schedules.. WoW there are a bunch of things going on this year !!! 2 days worth !!!

I bet I figure it out though.
Each event can be attended as a stand alone contest ~ or ~
I see that $65 gets you a entry to all of it I believe... Not bad.
You better be in good shape and bring lots of air if you plan to do all the events !

The more you play the more chances you have to win ! I did good last year.

Just being there makes you a winner though.

Tina, do you know if the WFD or anyone else will have air fills available? Timeliner, we're going to go out a few days early and get some R & R in. Will be arriving at TSP on Wed., June 6 at the lakeside area (opposite the pavillion) and staying through Sunday, June 10 in our home-away-from-home-on-wheels. Join us in camping any of those dates- make your reservations now!

Kunk35:
Twobit, I'm in if you'll have me! I know I'm new at this, but I had a couple of good teachers!

I'll talk John into it as well.

I've got it marked on the calendar. Oh, and by then, my wife will be certified!! I guess I'll let her go too!

(I hope she doesn't read this.....)

Be happy to have you as a buddy. Or John...

It's a 2-day event so I would assume so; but I will find out for sure and post it here!

A couple questions,

Air????

Will there be activities that a 7y/o can do?

Do we contact the state park for camping?

Thanks,

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom