U.S. Navy, 78-82

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracker:
I was only hoping that some one was in the Navy and had been to the Philippines and heard of this organization. I'll pay the $225 and start all over. I still remember how to dive, but I agree it wouldn't hurt to go through training again after all these years. You used to be able to get away with spanking your kid at that time but you can't now.

Too bad, too. Kids didn't shoot up their schools back then.

scubatomwetzel:
To recover a card from the early 80's where records are not available. To find who the instructor from back then and still have to have his records, good luck.
Standards say we must keep our records for 5 years.

That's the individual instructor. The agency is a different story. I'd be very surprised if the major agencies don't have a record of every card they've ever issued. I can go to PADI.com and look up certs from the early 80's and probably earlier.

dweeb:
That's the individual instructor. The agency is a different story. I'd be very surprised if the major agencies don't have a record of every card they've ever issued. I can go to PADI.com and look up certs from the early 80's and probably earlier.
Becky at the NAUI home office in Florida told me they go back to 1970

"That's the individual instructor. The agency is a different story. I'd be very surprised if the major agencies don't have a record of every card they've ever issued. I can go to PADI.com and look up certs from the early 80's and probably earlier."

"Becky at the NAUI home office in Florida told me they go back to 1970"

Both of the above statements are false. I know because I reserched my own past certs and they both have no records that date back thay far.

cubi point , 1987 .SSI never heard of the other ,was it a base course or a private instructor ?

scubatomwetzel:
"That's the individual instructor. The agency is a different story. I'd be very surprised if the major agencies don't have a record of every card they've ever issued. I can go to PADI.com and look up certs from the early 80's and probably earlier."

Both of the above statements are false. I know because I reserched my own past certs and they both have no records that date back thay far.

Whether they can or not, Becky at the NAUI office in Orlando told me over the phone that their records go back to 1970.

miketsp:
A card from 1981 isn't really worth the paper (or plastic?) it's printed on.
QUOTE]
Man are you crazy yes it's worth something, yes he would need to do a refresher or even complete another course but to say its worth nothing.
Man that like saying my dive card issued in 1978 is not worth the paper even though I have been an active diver ever since and have done many class's since then.

medic13:
miketsp:
A card from 1981 isn't really worth the paper (or plastic?) it's printed on.
QUOTE]
Man are you crazy yes it's worth something, yes he would need to do a refresher or even complete another course but to say its worth nothing.
Man that like saying my dive card issued in 1978 is not worth the paper even though I have been an active diver ever since and have done many class's since then.

Please read the rest of the thread. In a subsequent post
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=730222&postcount=14
I made it clear I was only referring to the case of someone who had learned 20+ years ago and then stopped for a long time.

miketsp:
Please read the rest of the thread. In a subsequent post
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=730222&postcount=14
I made it clear I was only referring to the case of someone who had learned 20+ years ago and then stopped for a long time.
Ok I am sorry being on dial up down hear in fla when iI posted wasnt anyone behind that remark, as you see by the time it got offically posted theres lots of post thanks you sorry !!!!

scubatomwetzel:

I can look up my own certs from 1985 with PADI and have called and had them confirmed by NAUI. PM me your name and DOB and I'll Look up your PADI OW cert on padi.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom