Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent a question to their email with link to the FB page/post last night. I really didn't expect answer last night but it is past noon CET and no answer.

FACTS:
The North American distributor just received (Thursday, 23 June) several new units from Uemis, LTD (Switzerland).
That Facebook 'Group' is not monitored by Uemis, LTD.
I just got an email from Franz (Uemis' Sales Director) on 21 June and it had no mention of closing.

I don't think the sky is falling.

The group posting said it closed on June 24th. So events before that do not count.

Can you reach out to the distributor to confirm the status of the company today?

FACTS:
The North American distributor just received (Thursday, 23 June) several new units from Uemis, LTD (Switzerland).
That Facebook 'Group' is not monitored by Uemis, LTD.
I just got an email from Franz (Uemis' Sales Director) on 21 June and it had no mention of closing.

I don't think the sky is falling.
Here's the thing. It's a normal work week in Europe. It's been more than a day since this has been posted. Someone with official ties to UEMIS could easily have responded to this saying "no idea what that guy's talking about, we're busily working on improving the product".

The fact that no one stepped up and did that is a bit... surprising. Especially since a quick search for the known UEMIS people here in this group shows that some of them have posted to /other/ Scubaboard groups in the last 24 hours.

So what if they closed? Your computers will still function. Were many of planning the purchase of a second unit anyway?

Not so much of an issue with planning a second unit. Issue with support and replacement parts as well as ability to get logged dives to/from computer. If company goes under how long will the uemis.com exist?

Uemis have never been strong about communication outside of official channels, so unless there is some actual proof it's just rumours and hearsay. From the looks of things, that FB group was started by the Uemis rep at the time, not Uemis themselves.

Talked to the US distributor today....nothing about closing is true. Rest assured they are still making badass Zurich dive computers and have zero intention of closing anytime soon. So go ahead and buy more of them so they can make some extra cash here in the US and we can really prove we like their computer and that they NEED trimix ASAP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom