Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uemis AG, Adliswil - Données du registre du commerce et renseignements sur les sociétés

Uebersetzungen der Firma neu: (Uemis Ltd in liquidation) (Uemis SA en liquidation). Mit Urteil vom 21.06.2011 hat der Konkursrichter des Bezirksgerichts Horgen über die Gesellschaft mit Wirkung ab dem 21.06.2011, 08.30 Uhr, den Konkurs eröffnet;
demnach ist die Gesellschaft aufgelöst.

Translation from google translator:

Translations of the company: (Uemis Ltd. in liquidation) (Uemis SA en liquidation). With Judgement of 06/21/2011, the bankruptcy judge has opened the District Court of Horgen about the company with effect from 21.06.2011, 08:30 clock, the bankruptcy;
Accordingly, the Company is dissolved.

so what's left for us now?
will they open the platform so some 3rd party can work on it?

New rumor: Scubapro Uwatec to acquire screen technology from Uemis Ag.

(more of a dream than a rumor. :D You heard hit here first.)

Well I see 4 possibilities!

1. They've gone into liquidation but restart again soon'ish under a new name.

2. They have a bit of decency and honour and open up the code or release the encryption algorythm so that a 3rd party download can be done.

3. The remains of the company get bought out by a bigger player like scubapro or (bleugh..) Aqualung/Suunto

4. They ignore all of us who believed in them and we're screwed.

I hope its option 1 or 2 as I really liked this computer when all is said and done!

Option 2 is very doable even if they don't open anything: all the code to access the SDA memory is visible in sdasync.jar (start renomming *.jar into *.zip, open the file you'll get all compiled and easy to decompile - done it - bits of code to access the memory).

Regarding memory, I am more concerned of:
- the future of uemis.com, uemis.org

Regarding the product,
- who will take in charge warranty (I guess nobody) ?
- will there be some way to DIY the battery replacement in 3-4 years ?

Dive right into scuba say's send your money, the us distributor say's not closing soon?

This software for trimix is funny, why does it take so long, is it that they are not aloud to copy an all ready trimix software that is out there.

Liquid vision has same problem.

Or It sounds like you all are buying a product that never will amount to anything.

Nice looking timing device though.

Comments below in RED

Option 2 is very doable even if they don't open anything: all the code to access the SDA memory is visible in sdasync.jar (start renomming *.jar into *.zip, open the file you'll get all compiled and easy to decompile - done it - bits of code to access the memory).

OK Spent a bit of time talking to a dive buddy who is a java developer tonight who said similar to you and it does look very possible - I'll open a new thread for this subject rather than get it lost in here!

Regarding memory, I am more concerned of:
- the future of uemis.com, uemis.org

MyUEMIS is currently up and syncing still so I will be printing ALL my dives out tomorrow morning! After that, meh who cares. I would love it to stay but if not then lets move on - see comment above!

Regarding the product,
- who will take in charge warranty (I guess nobody) ?
- will there be some way to DIY the battery replacement in 3-4 years ?

I think we're on our own here, if it lasts 4 years then I'had good use out of it so not all bad!

OK the new thread is up and going HERE

Last edited:
Talked to the US distributor today....nothing about closing is true. Rest assured they are still making badass Zurich dive computers and have zero intention of closing anytime soon. So go ahead and buy more of them so they can make some extra cash here in the US and we can really prove we like their computer and that they NEED trimix ASAP

Not surprising they'd tell you that - they want their shelves cleared before word really gets around, and they're stuck with unsellable product.

...with all that, at least here in the U.S, there's a fine distinction between bankruptcy for reorganization and bankrupt and out of business. Not sure if there is the same thing in Switzerland, but I would be surprised if they didn't have those flavors of bankrupt, too. So Uemis may indeed be back.

All the best, James

Reactions: BB1
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom