Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James, company is dissolved.

You can always fall back, and still dive, sounds like uemis just can not get with todays market.

Yes I know it is a bit big for the wrist, yet it still works and always will.

Back to the drawing board!

Why wont uemis rep respond, this is there forum, who set it up franz?

Attachments

• DSC05001.jpg
    DSC05001.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05002.jpg
    DSC05002.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 80
Yes I know it is a bit big for the wrist, yet it still works and always will.

I owned the Sol for a few years and have no idea how any one wears that or the uemis on their wrists. I wore on my forearm. At 6'1", 225lbs my wrists are not small either...

Question now is how the company is laid out. is this the overall or a holding company? I guess we need to hear something from a representative.

Very sad news...

I hope we will at least get a service or maintenance manual so that we can do some minor repairs by our own... especially for the battery replacement in a couple of years!
As far as I know, Uemis was independent... so there is no holding company.

I think they have foreseen this situation as a possible outcome and taken some actions by changing the servers... we all remember that the sync-servers have been down at the beginning of this month. Maybe all the data is now on a private server in someones home (thank you, for saving our data). The company might be shut down completely and the doors sealed. So there is no official rep. of Uemis anymore to make an announcement.

The myuemis/dive world server will remain operational for some time (I don't know details of 'time', just it will remain in place). I believe that was indeed part of the outage that was experienced a few weeks ago, moving the system to a different server to save the data and the logging ability..

I have requested exactly what some of you have asked. the encryption codes, etc... A way for folks to make local download, etc..

Hopefully i'll be able to get some more info in the next day or so... I imagine that these things take time to sort out and i can assure you that he fought hard to prevent this from happening, and looked at many different options to keep from having to go down this road.

I am obviously not writing this as a 'rep' for the company, but as a friend of Ernst and of the UEMIS community. I will keep you as up to date as I can.

best regards...

-Laura

Last edited:
Reactions: BB1
That really sucks, Hopefully they are able to do something, work out some sort of agreement and if they are bought out or reopen they stand behind the product and continue to serve current customers. I also guess that means there will be no Tri-Mix.

Thank you Laura!
To see how the own business is "going down the road" is really tough...
I wish you and all relevant people (and SDA's) all the best for the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom