UK Light Canon reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lost my Light cannon a year ago in rocks and kelp . . . some guy found it a month or so ago and gave it back to me :D He put new batteries in and fixed the on/off switch, works perfectly.

micbu:
Hi,

why not purchasing the new Brightstar diving light. The new version is sold with 2 handle bars and LiIon batteries. Is is available with 10W HID and 21W HID. Burn time up to 4 hours (depending on the ordered version). And the bulbs are much cheaper to replace.

Greetings, Michael

and how much does that cost?

Hi,

I do not know about the price in the USA.

Here in Europe I sell the 10W version (2h burn time) for 299$ and the 21W version (2h burn time) for 351$, LiIon batteries, charger for 12V AND 110/230V, 3filters (diffusion, yellow, blue) and 2 handle bars, all taxes included!!!

I think the price in the USA will be similar.

Greetings, Michael

Glad to hear that everyone else's Light Cannon works well, mine doesn't. I bought an early model and the ballast / ignitor failed after 4-5 dives. It was replaced and then the light worked well on the surface, but would turn off at about 5'. It turned back on at 5' as well, which was nice, but not very useful for diving. I just got it back from Underwater Kinetics---supposedly repaired, but it didn't work at all. When I sent it in, it was working on the surface anyway.

I don't know what to make of the damn thing---the service folks there are very nice and it does have a lifetime warrrantee, so they'll be seeing it again soon. I loved it on the first few dives where it worked, but a piece of kit like a primary dive light, needs to work 95% of the time at least.....

James

IvanM:
I narrowed my choice of dive light for traveling to the PrincetonTech eLED light and the UK Light Canon. The first one has better battery life and is practically unbreakable in normal situations. I like the canons power, but the only thing that worries me is going on holiday and arriving with a broken bulb, and they are not cheap.

So, how many of you who own a Light Canon have had a broken bulb, and how did it happen?

IvanM:
I narrowed my choice of dive light for traveling to the PrincetonTech eLED light and the UK Light Canon. The first one has better battery life and is practically unbreakable in normal situations. I like the canons power, but the only thing that worries me is going on holiday and arriving with a broken bulb, and they are not cheap.

So, how many of you who own a Light Canon have had a broken bulb, and how did it happen?

I've owned the Light Cannon and the C8 eLED, I recently wrote a review based on my experiences with them.

annie:
I lost my Light cannon a year ago in rocks and kelp . . . some guy found it a month or so ago and gave it back to me :D He put new batteries in and fixed the on/off switch, works perfectly.
I sure hope you stood that guy to a pint or two.

IvanM:

I knocked mine off the kitchen counter and broke the outer envelope. The light still worked with the chunks of glass bouncing around in the reflector. I got a new bulb (LeisurePro, I think) and that, cleaning, and some batteries have been my maintenance.

At first I did not like the light pattern underwater and used the light mainly for dry work. It has been growning on me and I have taken it diving many times.

funkyspelunker:
I've owned the Light Cannon and the C8 eLED, I recently wrote a review based on my experiences with them.

This couldn't have come at a better time; we're looking at lights to replace older UKs for an upcoming dive trip to Palau.

Thanks! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom