UK Light Canon reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Brightstar factory is in Taicang, close to here where I live. I called them and they referred me to their head office in Taiwan due to them only selling for export.

Spoke with a salesperson there and th said that they are currently not selling any dive lights as they are improving the charger and battery pack.

Seperately, I spoke with a representative of the company that supplies the batteries for GreenForce. He warned me to stay away from LithiumIon for dive lights as he himself had an explosion in his lab when evaluating them...

Given that Brightstar is a very reputable HID manufacturer but a novice in torches, especially dive torches, I would wait until they have ironed out their kinks...

Just my 0.02

micbu:
Hi,

why not purchasing the new Brightstar diving light. The new version is sold with 2 handle bars and LiIon batteries. Is is available with 10W HID and 21W HID. Burn time up to 4 hours (depending on the ordered version). And the bulbs are much cheaper to replace.

Greetings, Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom