Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have the hand strength to mount them on the system like he does and they just aren't as strong of a fit as the factory supplied ones that actually work better with my jig system I've developed.
Did you post directions for making your jig on SB?

Did you post directions for making your jig on SB?

Scroll to Post #1298 on page 30 of this discussion thread. He posted a video with details.

-Z

Since we lost the posts about the new Waterproof Ultima Twist system, I'll re-post the videos. Hopefully, these rings will be available in the US soon.

Since we lost the posts about the new Waterproof Ultima Twist system, I'll re-post the videos. Hopefully, these rings will be available in the US soon.

Why do you think we lost them?

Discussion of the Waterproof Ultima Twist system starts at post # 1288 and the first video about the system is at post # 1291.

Perhaps, one day in the near future I will comb through this discussion thread and create an index for it.

-Z

Got a set of Ultima DGS as my Drysuit has SiTech ovals fitted.
First dive yesterday and both are leaking. Installed them as per instructions with Kubi gloves (Ansell 87-118). Need to do some investigation. Maybe reinstall the suit side and the gloves again.
IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3815.jpeg

First dive yesterday and both are leaking. Installed them as per instructions with Kubi gloves (Ansell 87-118). Need to do some investigation. Maybe reinstall the suit side and the gloves again.
View attachment 799345

View attachment 799346
Whenever I've had a leak after a fresh install / replacement it's usually because the silicone seal didn't seat properly. I don't think I've ever had the glove side leak. I put a very thin coat of silicone on the seal to make it slide in better.

After it works, I've yet to have to change seals in 3 years (I've had to change gloves ~ every 9 months or so).

I also have heard the Ansell gloves are pretty thin and tend to puncture easily. Do yourself a favor and join the Smurfs, try a cheap set (like $7 USD) pair of showa 720's.

Good luck

Whenever I've had a leak after a fresh install / replacement it's usually because the silicone seal didn't seat properly. I don't think I've ever had the glove side leak. I put a very thin coat of silicone on the seal to make it slide in better.

After it works, I've yet to have to change seals in 3 years (I've had to change gloves ~ every 9 months or so).

I also have heard the Ansell gloves are pretty thin and tend to puncture easily. Do yourself a favor and join the Smurfs, try a cheap set (like $7 USD) pair of showa 720's.

Good luck
Thanks for the advice, I’ll try reinstalling the seals again. I did use some lube on them to help them slide on better. I installed the seal on the middle trough so will try it on the last setting too.
I have a pair of smurfs (720) and a pair of 620s to try
IMG_3852.jpeg

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try reinstalling the seals again. I did use some lube on them to help them slide on better. I installed the seal on the middle trough so will try it on the last setting too.
I have a pair of smurfs (720) and a pair of 620s to try
View attachment 799382
I haven't found a better all around glove (warmth, dexterity, and puncture resistant) as the 720's. I've turned I think 4 people onto them so far and they all love them.

If you needed something thicker showa also makes the 3416, but they're not as warm.. just more puncture resistant. Dexterity isn't as great either.

The good news about your leak is it's 100% user error and once you figure it out it'll probably work for both sides. I have my seals in the last groove also.

Good luck

I bought into this system about 6 or 7 years ago and EVERY dive below 25-30m resulted in wet hands.

When the dive shop contacted Waterproof, they confessed that the orange O-rings (the ones that are meant to keep your hands dry!!) were faulty and needed replacing. It was a known problem.

They never issued a warning or recall, preferring to stay quiet about a potentially very risky issue. The replacement o-rings were fine and the gloves were always dry thereafter but the 'keep quiet and wait and see' attitude from Waterproof stank and I'd never by another product from them.

---------------

On another issue - wtf are people pissing about, struggling to fit lined gloves when unlined gloves are straightforward to fit, can be wiped dry, fixed with some Aquasure or bicycle repair patch and don't end-up stinking?

They also lend themselves to insulation appropriate to the prevailing water temperature and the liners can be thrown into a washing machine at the end of a trip. Showa gloves are for people gutting fish on a factory trawler. I won't even use them for washing my car.

Back
Top Bottom