Underwater Nap

Have you ever had a NAP while on SCUBA?

• Sure ... Its great

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No way dude....

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shallow water dive... napped for around 15 minutes while 3 friends were around doing an underwater cleanup... we were at less than 30 feet...

the doze was ammazing... what got me worried was everytime I really got into it, the reg would sort of come loose. The only thing I was concious about was the reg...

You might actually consider this as deep meditation maybe more than sleeping... although I was lying down on my side. The thing is, I was not fully aware of my surrounding, I was extremely relaxed and I came out of the water feeling good...

Will try it again in a pool and let you know.

I know a guy who's done it twice... :rolleyes:

He says he fell asleep in the tropics once on the shallow, easy, last dive at the end of a heavy week of diving.

I was the one who woke him up the second time.

The odd part was that the dive I woke him on was in drysuits in about 40 F water! :wacko: He said he was warm and comfy and just dozed off while we were hanging out on the sandy bottom in about 15 fsw.
Go figure.

not to be off subject....

but I can't pee either, I tired like hell it just wouldn't go... maybe the thought of peeing all over something I paid 300 plus for hinders me....

I have been trying many times, but I could not do it too, but when I get out of the water I run to the rest room.
Seriously guys, what is the solution.

I have often had a little nap at Deco.
when youa re hanging off a jon line for 30 mins with nothing to do and nothing to look at I will often close my eyes and drift off for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom