Unseasonably cold temperatures in Bonaire right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually do Bonaire in winter with a full length 3 and a 5 which I alternate. Adequate thermal protection and usually a dry wet suit to put on. Will be there in a few weeks and will probably pack the same. IMO, you can never have too much neoprene.

Don't need an armoire for this but packing 2 suits means less clothing. For Bonaire that is not an issue.

It looks as though the crazy winds have died down and things are getting back to normal?

It wasn't to windy yesterday, but they picked back up a bit today. Looking at windguru they appear like they will drop down a few mph.

I think it'll take a few weeks for the visibility to pick back up. If I had a complaint that would be the only one. Salt pier was around 30-40ft. Andrea may have been around 45-50ft.

Really hope it improves :-( Gutted if we travel all that way and the conditions suck!

Weather and variable conditions are part of diving. You just need to learn to accept it. Water temps you can adjust to. Vis, wind and seas you just have to go with the flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom