Unwarranted Cost Increase at Florida Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to say thank you to the Florida parks department for listening and considering this communities concern. I wonder if they need volunteers for anything?

There are always volunteer projects going on. Join one of the many organizations around the state and attend the work days.

I would like to say thank you to the Florida parks department for listening and considering this communities concern. I wonder if they need volunteers for anything?

There are always opportunities. The North Florida Springs Alliance (North Florida Springs Alliance) provides support for Peacock,and Troy,with some expansion toward Madison and Lafayette Blue. A big project that is underway that can use help is the building of an interpretive trail that superimposes the cave system,with kiosks along the way that have photographs of the cave under your feet. We also do educational clinics,with a sidemount clinic back in April,and a vertical workshop in July.

Thank you, I will look into that. Those springs aren't too far from where I live and the projects sound interesting.

E-mail sent. I'll get back to you with her response.

Bonnie responded stating she was going to have someone call me. A couple of hours later I got the call from the District 1 manager. Already confirmed by Kelly, but again confirmed, all recreational diving fees have been eliminated.

A big project that is underway that can use help is the building of an interpretive trail that superimposes the cave system,with kiosks along the way that have photographs of the cave under your feet.

Once we get all the ducks in a row there will be a LOT of work to be done building the frames to hold the kiosk signage. A good carpenter is being sought to help us out.

There will be work needed to be done clearing the trail.

Anyone able to volunteer let any of the NFSA BoD members know.

Please see the website at: This Link

Awesome, I was worried that I may not have a skill that would help but I can clear a trail or build a kiosk! I filled out the volunteer form yesterday and was just curios who I needed to send it to. Anyone listed on that website in particular or just anyone?

Awesome, I was worried that I may not have a skill that would help but I can clear a trail or build a kiosk! I filled out the volunteer form yesterday and was just curios who I needed to send it to. Anyone listed on that website in particular or just anyone?

Sorry, I just saw your post. Any one of the BOD members listed on the website would gladly take your form! Email or snail mail.

Thanks!
Shirley

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom