Upside down breathing with apeks reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have read that the Apeks get wet when diving inverted.

My ATX200 actually breathes easier and has not been noticeably wet inverted.

Noticed the Scubapro MK18UL matched with the s600 dives SUPER dry inverted from what Rodales says.

Check out the Divernet.com reg tests:

Divernet Reg Tests

There is also another one for cheaper regs where Oceanic comes out on top.

Upside down is horizontal looking towards the surface. The reg breathes very well in a horizontal or heads down position or heads up position. When going upside down it feels like the ease of breathing is cut to about 30% (cut by 60%). It is like the feeling you get just before you run out of air after someone has turned your air off. Its been awhile since I have tried it, Ill go out this weekend to remind myself of exactly what it is like.

I have an Apeks ATX 50....when diving in a head down position (better to see those bugs hiding under ledges <grin>) my reg is a little wet, but if I exhale with some force I'm fine....I haven't noticed it being harder to breathe though. In a back to the bottom face up position, I haven't noticed it being either wet or difficult to breathe.

Peace,
Cathie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom