Used regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I can believe that.

My experience is limited to an Aqualung/Spiro XL, a Titan, a Scubapro R190, a R290 and a R390; all plastic's. I still have them, but they only serve as octo's or place holders in my closet.

I wonder if there's any explanations or measurements that could explain the difference between the classic downstream and the barrel poppet. The ANSTI plots don't show anything.

The way I see it, maybe: the classic downstream blasts the air almost directly to your mouth, taking your teeth out along the way like some of the Mares do. The barrel poppet is more of a 2 stage device not unlike a muffler: the air first fills the barrel, then in the body and on to your mouth.

Hey whats up everyone. As some of you may know, I am in the market for a set of regs. I just came across a good deal on some used regs. I know with new regs, you get the warranty. What are your thoughts on buying used regs?

SCUBAPRo and (I beleive Aqualung) have most parts going back decades.

I picked up a SCUBAPRo Mk1 (1960's?) on ebay for $50 and it works perfectly. I keep it on my stage bottle.

flots.

for the most part ...the only hard piece to find in old regs are the hp seat (even some of them can be rebuilt )all the rest are just o rings (again for the most part ) if you are a regulator MECHANIC you can rebuild just about anything that is obsolete . find a real reg guy not a duffus who just took a reg course .some one who has been in the business 20 + years then tell them what reg you want to buy they will know if its a good deal or just junk ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom