USIA Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a USIA Aqua Pro dry suit for years and I've never had a leak except when neck and wrist seals wore out. It's been a great suit. When I'm in the market for a new one I'll buy another one.

Scott

GreyIII:
Ok what does everyone think of USIA Drysuits? Quality, durability, leaks, etc???

When I did my open water this summer in Puget Sound, my instructor and both her dive masters had USIA suits. I had never heard of them, but they recommended them highly. They are made in oregon I believe. How early should I consider a dry suit? I love diving but the water in Oregon and Washington is frigid. I considered a Harvey's ultra stretch wetsuit, but for a few hundred more my LDS sells USIA. People tell me I should master wet suit diving first. Thoughts?

My daughter got a used USIA and has about 50 dives on it. Replaced the neck and wrist seals when she first got it because it had been stored for a while. Hasn't leaked, seems durable and easy to take care of. Its a basic shell suit. If you can get a good price, go for it.

I've had mine, also a basic shell, for a year with no problems or complaints. It's true you don't see them around much, but I believe they do a lot of business with the military.

I just took a look at thier website. It does seem like they do a lot of military stuff. Pretty cool. They also let you design the colors on your suit online. How can you offer a lifetime warranty on a dry suit?

NW Down Diver:
I just took a look at thier website. It does seem like they do a lot of military stuff. Pretty cool. They also let you design the colors on your suit online. How can you offer a lifetime warranty on a dry suit?
They just warranty the seams, not the zipper or seals.
I got this suit mainly because it's what my LDS carries, and I needed a custom fitted suit. I'm real happy with it.

Different experience for me:
My USIA leaks. Not sure where, but I come up with about a gallon of water in the suit. I can't call it dry. I have less than 50 dives on it. It's also way too baggy on me.The boots require at least 3 pairs of heavy socks, boot keepers and the like. This is for a supposedly custom dry suit. I have to use ankle weights with the suit. It really needs gators on it as well. On my DUI I don't. This is a bag suit and I for one am not impressed at all with it. I wish I had not bought it and had spent the extra money first on the DUI that I now own. While my DUI is not perfect, it does fit better, my feet don't swim in the boots and I stay dry. Personally I would not recommend the USIA suits.

Flame away, but I dive a minimum of four dives a week in a drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom