using US tanks in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icarusflies:
Thanks for the info. So new tanks it is. I am glad I am getting used bleed money in this sport...:)
I suspect that the real question that you should be asking is "what LDS is nearest to where I'm moving, and will THEY fill my US tanks?"

The generic answer isn't as important as what the policy is of the shop owner down the street from your new location. If you are going to be around a US military base, you might still be able to use your tanks.

If you´re just going to stay for a year I think you might get away with it. Like Charley99 said check with your new LDS. People here sometimes buy american alis, use them for 5 years and throw them away...

Regulations don´t mean anything unless they are enforced (like the M25/26 sillyness) so looking at how things work in "your reality" is a good suggestion...the spaniards in general aren´t really that ambitious about these kinds of things...

ymmv...

I see no point to drag over US tanks. Not to mention that here in Europe we mostly use steel ones and European are lighter that American. So why carry heavy tanks?

Mania

Find the weak link....:wink:....I try and see if I am lucky

Thanks for the info.

If they are CE (european Comunity) you can use it.......If they are market only DOT or TC....sale the tanks.

The DIN or yoke lol.......the DIN valve was introduced into the US from Europe(Germany).and the Yoke, c'mon guys someone remember Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Back
Top Bottom