Utopia Dive Village

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagleray2003

Reaction score
I just happened across this web site for Utopia Dive Village opening in 2007 on Utila, any of you now anything about it, and where on the island is it being built?
This willl certainly add some competition to the 3 resorts already operating on the island.

Yep, I am very familiar with them. Its a group of very enterprising folks from Texas. I believe that they are scheduled to open in the spring of 2007. They are just down the beach from me and I've not met a more determined group of people who are focused on what matters.

I've got some relatively recent photos of the ongoing construction on my blog (just check the signature).

Here's what I am interested in checking out. If you know Duppy Waters on the north side of Utila, I am traveling to Little Cayman over thanksgiving and am looking forward to making a comparison. Duppy is a pretty amazing wall on the southern side of the Cayman Trench. I'll be interest to see how Bloody Bay compares.

Happy to share additional thoughts with those who are interested and would be interested to hear the thoughts of those who have been both places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom