Uwatec Galileo SOL vs Uemis Zurich SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Side note:

I have found that when the Uwatec computers (Sol, Smart TEC) starts losing contact with the transmitter, then I am about 10-15 dives from the transmitter battery failing. I have three transmitters, and have gone through two "loss of signal" situations that were precursers into batteries dying - a small sample size, to be sure. However, I just had my newest two start losing signal -- I will replace the batteries.

In the end, one year ago I changed my Galileo SOL with a Uemis SDA....as you know, 3 months ago Uemis AG failed and now the non user replaceable battery I complained about is really a big issue. I'll continue to use my SDA until the battery will fade...in the meantime I hope there is someone out here with enough cash to take over the business. This computer deserves to survive to Uemis failure.

One time a dive buddy showed me the Uemis and I thought the solar panels on the computer were a mistake, and the numbers were too small. But it's a shame so many will be stuck with a useless expensive device, unless the company is taken over.

Wow, That's a shame, I have the Zurich and I really like it. Hopefully, they can just reorganize and get back on their feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom