Vandenberg Reefing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Survey completed. Hoping to get down there to dive that thing. There were about 10 of us who wanted to plan to go down last August, but we obviously changed our plans...

If anyone is looking to go down and dive it next week, I have the following posting up on here

Hey everyone,

I'm heading into Key West on Monday morning for a week to sink the Vandenberg and then to run dive trips down there for the remainder of the week. I have a townhouse set up and am trying to find some others that might like to go down and split the costs. It comes out to be 50 a person per night based on 4 people for the townhouse from Mon-Sunday. The townhouses have 3BRs with queen beds in each room, full kitchen, and fully furnished. It is a 2 min drive to be on Duval St, and the same amount to be at the dive boat.

Dives are additional, but with tanks and weights, they are 65 per trip to the Vandenberg. Dives will be either a 2 tank trip to the wreck, or a wreck/reef combo. If you have all your gear, it will be 55 per trip. Diving will be through Captains Corner, and I will be one of your DMs as well. CC is the only dive operator in KW that is going to be allowing technical diving on the Vandenberg.

Basically, the diving would be free with all the money everyone would save on accommodations, since most things are sold out next week, or remaining rooms are 250for the week with all the hooplah for the sinking. Plus, I know most everyone on the island, so I get discounts on all the other fun stuff to do such as parasailing, sunset cruises, etc.

Know anyone that wants to go? Are you deep, wreck, or mixed gas certified? ANd have you done decompression dives before as well? Even open water divers can enjoy this wreck since the top of the radar domes are in 40fsw.

I need to know soon so I can set up payment for the accommodations since it has to be paid at the time of arrival. If you wanted to come for part of the week, let me know, and you can Paypal me the rates for the townhouse. If we have to get more than one for everyone, we can.

If you want to know more, email me here or at OceanLovingDude@aol.com ASAP!!! Im leaving the mainland on Monday morning early, and plan on being there by afternoon.

Well if you need any help on that, I have connections with all the dive shops, and run dive trips for one of them. We can help you monitor reef impact and rehabilitation based on the sinking

Actually we may be coming down to survey people directly on the boats. Thanks and i appreciate the offer to help. My email is whuth@uwf.edu.

I have been on a Submarine that worked near the Vandenberg and am eagerly awaiting a dive trip to see it.

I agree with Vallhalla561 "Sink it and they will come".

I find one aspect of your questionnaire lacking in clarity. You define "Key West Area" and, throughout most of the questionnaire, carefully using that phrase. But, questions #13-19 refer to only Key West, rather than the bigger area. Do you intend to refer only to Key West in those questions? If not, I would have given some different answers.

I took your survey and expected a broader range as well. I thought you would have compared it to Key Largo. The problem is Key West for us Miami locals is a tad bit of a drive so it has to be a well planned trip (almost an overnight stay). The majority of divers that I know will still flock to the closer reefs and wrecks inside/outside of Pennecamp.

I am sure I will venture down south to experience the dive in Key West, but travel prohibits this from a weekly thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom