Vegetarian Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-boltfish once bubbled...

It's wrong to kill animals just so that you can enjoy their flesh, for many reasons that I can't be bothered to go into right now

Feel free to elaborate. You obviously don't think it's that bad if you can't be bothered to defend your position or discuss it.

Cornfed (just like the cows I enjoy eating)

saying once bubbled...

OK, and riddle me this. Why are most apes vegetarian?

Actually most apes are omnivorous.

Was that a riddle or a misconception?

Cornfed

cornfed once bubbled...

Actually most apes are omnivorous.

Was that a riddle or a misconception?

Cornfed

85-90% of the higher apes' diet is fruit, bark, palm & banana hearts, etc. Grubs, ants, fleas, and other such creepy crawlies are eaten as a rare protien treat. Guess that's what you have to resort to if you don't have tofu, seitan, beans, or wheat gluten.

Of course the chimpanzees are sometimes canabalistic, but they also fling their own poop, so they can't really be depended on as rational. 99.7% of our genetic code. Super.

saying once bubbled...

Of course the chimpanzees are sometimes canabalistic, but they also fling their own poop, so they can't really be depended on as rational.

My office would be a much different (better?) place if everyone was under the constant threat of flying poo!

"I specifically told you I needed those results last week!" SPLAT!

saying once bubbled...
OK, and riddle me this. Why are most apes vegetarian?
They aren't.
And they certainly aren't grazers.
They are "hunter/gatherers" who will eat whatever's easiest to lay hands on - including meat if it's easier to get than veggies.
---------
Personally I don't care what anyone else eats.
I like fresh fish.
E.

It's interesting how the general tone of the posts from those who enjoy their meat is disrepectful or mocking.

i don't tell people what they should eat, or make flat-out proclamations of what is right and wrong. In asking the original question, i simply wanted to have a healthy discussion about what divers eat and how diving may effect what they eat.

my boyfriend is a diver, does not eat meat or poultry but does eat seafood. he's defended his choices, and i still love 'im! I'd like a wider perspective, that's all. Yes, the question is slanted, expressing my thoughts and conclusions, but is also inviting thoughts and conclusions from others.

i also took a lighthearted approach to my question, i guess in hopes of staving off the 'damn hippie' and 'silly new-age' remarks.

if you disagree, fine...

everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion, but by asking that the discussion be moved to the 'humor' section, you are just displaying ignorance and a closed mind.

some of my closest friends are meat eaters!

:eek:ut:

All of Suzie- Q's posts are slanted and foolish.

She had a post on the North American board about how bad a group in Key Largo was because they allowed inexperienced divers to dive there.

Duh...........................

And it does seem all of your posts, Deputy Dan, are rude and spiteful.

My inquiry about Amoray Divers was exactly that, an INQUIRY. Yes, i was told and had read some negative information about that particular resort. But instead of wallowing in these accounts, i turned to a source where i THOUGHT i would get some intelligent, informed opinions that would in turn help me to make a more well rounded appraisal of where to dive.

unfortunately, some members find it necessary to personally attack others and turn honest requests for others' perspectives into something entirely different.

It's sad and disappointing to run into people like this on a DISCUSSION board. But thankfully, iv'e also run into plenty of others. People who have been eager to help, witty, insightful and respectful.

..and you let me eat what I want. No, I don't want humankind to eat anyting into extinction, but if there's plenty of them (or too many) around...to each his own.

Botlfish once bubbled...
It's wrong to kill animals just so that you can enjoy their flesh, for many reasons that I can't be bothered to go into right now

So, why then, do humans have inscisors at the front of their sets of teeth....it ain't for tearing cabbage that was undercooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom