Venice Beach Bash 2010 June 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was too dang tired last night to post a proper thank you to everybody! WOW! Where to start? Ok, in no particular order...
Aristakat and Big Flat Top for offering to ferry divers to the boneyard and back. You guys rock!
Krista and Jim for the sandwich rings and table and everything else ya'll brought. Again, a hit this year.
Roxanne and Dennis for the shade--while it lasted! :rofl3: Also, all the drinks and everything else ya'll brought.
Joystershell for helping organize the boats and keeping everybody on track. Glad you were there to take up that extra spot on the early boat!
And a huge thanks to everybody who showed up! It is you who made this yet again an awesome each bash!

To Chad: Shave your head, find a meg! :D

It was a great time and nice to put some faces with screen names. The viz wasn't great but I felt lucky to stumble across a few. Thanks Jamie. Thanks to everyone involved in putting this together too.

Attachments

• DSC_4058.jpg
    DSC_4058.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_4046.jpg
    DSC_4046.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 56
Well, Jenny beat me to it. I want to extend our thanks to Jenny for getting the ball rolling on this event, to Dennis for letting me know, to make sure that I didn't miss the boat, to Krista for ordering and picking up those immense sandwich rings, for Jim's ingenuity with those portable tables of his, to Roxanne for organizing the banquet, to everybody who brought their favorite foods to share (wait, I never got to check out those Megalodon cookies!), to those who pitched in and helped out with providing tanks and gear for those in need, to Walter for making up buddy lines for those of us needing them, to the veterans who took the newbies under their wings to show them the ropes (Chad, I think my tutelage paid off with your find of the day!) to Jaime and his crew and Jeff and Susan with FossilBabe and Chase for being such gracious hosts and showing us a great time.

Everybody rocked, and I hope that everybody had a great time. I know that I sure did, and am looking forward to the next event. It's folks like YOU, sharing in events like this that make this board such a success.

Last edited:
Well, I've been snoozing off and on today. Got home last night and slept for 12 1/2 hours (much harder to carry those 6' sheets of 3/4" plywood after a day of diving :wink: ).

We had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new...

The food and people were great! Jenny & Joyce, way to keep the lists updated and coordinating the complimentary dive boats. (Good job!)

Aristakat and Big Flat Top both ROCK for joining us and working all day to take us to the bone yard and back. I have both your phone numbers programmed into my cell!

Outside of the artificial reef, vis was lacking. But, inside the artificial reef we had a minimum 6' and a max of 12' for vis. Teeth were there for the finding...

My haul for the day:
IMG_000215.jpg

Fossilbabe and everyone who had a hand in making the day great... Thanks a big bunch!

I hope to see everyone again next year! Now, it's time for a nap :)

What an awesome day (even if the vis was umm..yuk) with great fun folks on the beach and I even found a few teeth. Not bad for a newbie fossil hunter. Thank you so much ScubaJenny for all your organization and of course to Joyce for helping and to The Aristocat & Big Flat Top for taking us all out gratis. I will be back for sure! My special thanks to Dennis & Roxanne for being such gracious hosts.

Truely one of my best dive weekends to date :)
I love my Scubaboard family.

My son, Kurtis and I had a great time as well. We managed a couple nice finds on the shore dive, thanks to Safyrewulfie for recommending the area to dive. Nice to see many of you again, and to put some more faces to screen names. I was hoping to meet Moonie, but that will have to be another time.
Kevin

Hmm.. I don't think Moonie has been to a Venice beach bash yet. We might have to put next years bash on his schedule.

We didn't get any teeth, but had a great time nonetheless. Looking forward to next time. Hoping to make it to the fall Megadive. My friend Artie left his luggage at the motel, and didn't realize it till he got home. Special thanks to Mark and Chad for picking it up and bringing it back to New Port Richey.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom