Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla once bubbled...
(sounding like the Gilligans island theme song)
o/~..The weather started getting rough, the tiny divers were tossed.. here and there with almost no vis, and masks and fins were lost... masks and fins were lost...~/o

Too funny :D

Was nice meeting all of you & being able to put a face with the name (Wendy, NetDoc, Walter, Mike, Marvel, ScubaJenny,Amber, Mirrrrrrrrrrrrranda, and everyone else). :wave:

Found a few teeth, live divers bobbing in the surf, & a weight belt so the weekend was a success. :thumb:

Just wish the weather had been better:(

Count on Debbraey & I when you plan a spring dive (Blue Grotto, etc). The vis has got to be better then the 6" we had over the weekend.

The surf wasn't bad enough to tumble you, but you did need to listen to the briefing or have experience with surf entries. No one who paid attention got tumbled. I have dived there when the surf was rough, had it been rough on Saturday, I would have recommended aborting the dive.

Mike,

That's "Mirrrrrriela."

Walter once bubbled...
No one who paid attention got tumbled. I have dived there when the surf was rough, had it been rough on Saturday, I would have recommended aborting the dive.

Mike,

That's "Mirrrrrriela."

I agree with the paying attention on the dive briefing & thanks for the correction on the name - Mirrrrrrrrrrrriela :)

Hay ducks - want to buy some masks in bulk? Only kiddin :)

My gear is a bit too heavy for the kayak still. A bit roller caught the boat sideways and rolled it back onto the beach.

So I aborted the dive kayaking and switched to diving.

Much better! I am bleaching the sand dollars now and they are looking really good.

The kayak was a lot of fun without the gear. I was going to do more dives and paddles, but that big storm scared me off.

I went to Ybor city in Tampa and danced and played till 4AM.

Lots of fun all around!

I enjoyed meeting everyone, I should have the pictures up by tomorrow.

Peter Doege

Hey,

I wouldn't mind doing a boat dive sometime. It is lobster season afterall. Maybe we could do something in Jupiter, West Palm, or Pompano. I have favortie boats to use in all 3 of these locations and can probably get a group discount as well. If we do end up planning a boat dive sometime, folks would be required to call and book their own spots. I know you guys wouldn't be no call no shows and leave me with the bill, but its happened to friends in the past, so I like to protect myself. but I'm just kicking around ideas right now. August is booked up for me, but September is pretty much open minus the weekend of Sept 12-14, as of right now. I'd like to do something Labor day weekend, but I'm getting a shot in my knee on the 29th, and the doc wants me to rest for 2 days, so I could dive on Aug 31 and Sept 1st. Any ideas?

Both Walter and I get great discounts for groups since we are instructors. I know of one boat out of Jupiter that I can get for $35/diver and an even better boat (the Loggerhead) out of Boynton that I can get you on for $40/diver. You WOULD have to pay me in advance (non-refundable) as I have to give one lump sum to the boat. Tell me the boat you want to go on and when, and I can give them a call to see what's up. If you have their number that is always a plus. I mean, y'all look like AOW students to me! :tease:

CBulla once bubbled...
We could buy a bridge! Then we could have a mobile reef to dive all the time!

http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/Custom/Spec1009_hood_canal_bridge/spec1009_hood_canal_bridge.asp

Great ideal & ONLY $400,000 plus transportation. I personally have my eye on a small Caribbean Country. :D

Debbraey & I are out of the country the week of 8/18 & attending a wedding the weekend of 9/5. If we can work a dive trip into the schedule - we'll be there.:)

NetDoc once bubbled...
Both Walter and I get great discounts for groups since we are instructors. I know of one boat out of Jupiter that I can get for $35/diver and an even better boat (the Loggerhead) out of Boynton that I can get you on for $40/diver. You WOULD have to pay me in advance (non-refundable) as I have to give one lump sum to the boat. Tell me the boat you want to go on and when, and I can give them a call to see what's up. If you have their number that is always a plus. I mean, y'all look like AOW students to me! :tease:

I can probably get a group deal with Parrot Island Scuba in Pompano and possibly with Jupiter Dive Center and maybe the Rampage in West Palm if I asked nicely.

Also I'll clean everyones lobsters that they caught for a small fee (ok for free) if they want me to. Which reminds me, I need to get my lobster permit renewed, so everyone do the same before they go hunting bugs, last thing you want is a fine and your gear taken into evidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom