Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now we're talking!! I admit it - I'm a temporary wuss! I haven't been under in 4 years... (Yikes! Where does the time go??) I'm dying to get back in the water, but I want to do a few "easy" dives to get reacquainted with the sport. A boat dive or two sounds like just the ticket if it goes along with some nice visibility and nothing too deep to start. My deepest dive was only 67', but I had no idea I was down that far until I checked my gauges.... The view to the surface was as clear as can be.

$35 - 40/diver may even be in our baby-inclusive budget!! ;o) Can anyone stay aboard and watch a sweet little six month diver-to-be while we blow bubbles?

I have done some pool time to just to use my gear and refamiliarize myself with all my gauges and my new BCD - that sort of thing. Colin was just certified last year, so I've looked through his class material through NAUI as a refresher for myself. Plus I would like to do another pool session now that I have a better idea of proper weight...

I'd be happy with a boat dive. No problems there.

The "student rates" are just the wholesale rates that the boats use for shops and clubs. There is nothing unethical about using them for a Scubaboard outing. IMO, of course.

Peter Doege

the wholesale rate is almost always the same for the advanced diver student as well as the non-student. I do not have a problem with passing on the savings.

However, doing a boat dive WILL limit participation. We will have to find an awfully big boat to accomodate all of us. I know that there is a catamaran that will accomodate 35/40 divers. I will try and find out about that.

I am all about group dive and discount such as that... current rates are what have kept Kris and I dry docked this year, its simply out running our budget, even with our own gear. That is why we are all about shore dives.. other than annual inspections on equipment the cost is gas and air for day trip dives.

Well we are all accounted for. I had a blast I wish someone had a cam for the funniest home viedos. A couple peeps (wildbill) lol would have gotten us the prize for his wonderful surf entry. With his tumbling form great! no but besides the wind and storms and getting sand blasted I had a wonderful time. Met some really nice people. a few of us went back sunday morning to look for lost gear (mask) but could not see any just in case. I am going to try and put a spring dive up a couple people have never done a spring before so i am going to try and put something together. Oh we did find some teeth to take home on the shore. Did yall see the big meg tooth on the sign hanging i did not see it till yale pointed it out. oh well i am outta here for now be safe...

Did some checking today for anyone interested in diving some of the springs. Devils Den (100' but there site is down) & Blue Grotto http://www.divebluegrotto.com/ charge $27 per diver per day. They are both in Williston, FL. In order to dive you must have OW-C card & a buddy. AOW is not required. Both have bathrooms, picnic areas, air fill stations, etc.

Just an idea :)

I've never been diving at either location so if anyone has - plese post a follow-up.

would rather do blue grotto I think imo devils den is a waste more to look at and more exploring can be done at blue grotto if you want to putter around and look at the walls then devil den is the place to go. But where ever everyone wants to go is fine with me i am not picky

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom