Venting to get some sleep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay now, not being there and only knowing your situation from what you have written here, I won't pretend that I have any useful advice to give. Perhaps I can help you find your own way yourself.

It is your life you are talking about. It is important. You only get one life to live, and you have to do your best to make the most of it. That means deciding that YOU are going to take control of it NOW and do what needs to be done to make the best of it. The biggest mistake you can make is to say "My situation sucks and so my life is screwed." If you do that, your life will be screwed. You can sit back and blame him, but that won't make your life any better. Instead, you have to figure out what you need to do to make your life what it needs to be.

Let's say you decide you want to get to Amsterdam. Fine. You get out a map. You look at where you are in Haarlem, you look at Amsterdam, and you see what kind of roads you need to travel to get there. Then you figure out what kind of vehicles you can use and how you will get them. Simple. If you are in a crappy section of the Netherlands, then find the path to a better place to stay.

Do the same with your life. Where to you want to go? Where are you now? What roads will you have to take to get from where you are now to where you want to be? What kind of vehicles will it take for you to get there? How will you get them? most importantly, be as objective as you can. Pretend you are an expert in this kind of thing giving advice to someone who desperately needs it, What advice would you give that will accomplish the best ends? How would you convince the person you are advising to take that advice instead of doing something foolish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom