VEO 200 Nitrox default problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

I recently acquired a VEO 200. My first use with nitrox at the Flower Gardens had my old Data Plus and the VEO 200 on my right wrist. Both were set to 32% and the VEO was set for FO2 50% Default "OFF". The first dive was 87 feet max for :58 minutes (long slow ascent) and my Data Plus ended the dive with 10 of the 12 geen ticks filled on the N2 TLBG. My VEO 200 went into DECO - only a couple minutes at 10 feet which I worked off at the rest stop. I confirmed the nitrox setting of 32% before the 2nd dive. On the 2nd dive, again both set for 32%, was 89 feet for 49 minutes after a 2:16 surface interval. This dive ended with the Data Plus N2 TLBG at the top of the green (12 ticks) and the VEO 200 at the top of the yellow. Third dive after a 2:30 SI was 50 minutes at 74 ft max - a more conservative oil rig dive. The Data Plus ended with 10 ticks in the green on the N2 TLBG while the VEO had one into the yellow. The 4th dive after a 2:43 SI was 74 feet for 1:02 with the Data Plus ending with 11 ticks into the green and the VEO again in DECO. I did confirm that all dives were done with both computers set to 32%. At that point I reset the VEO to FO2 50% Default "ON" and rest the nitrox value before each dive. After that, both computers gave me very compatible results through the next 7 dive at the FGB.

I just returned from Cozumel where I did 14 dives (11 on 32% an 3 on 21%) with the same computer setup and again had almost identical NDLs from both computers for the entire trip.

I suspect the the VEO 200, while retaining the 32 % setting with the Default set to "OFF" was changing the N2 setting from 68% back to a default setting of 79%. Since my Data plus computers have me quite used to resetting nitrox values after each dive, I have no real problem doing this with my VEO. But is this a known problem and is there a simple fix available?

Bump. I was hoping to have heard something back on this.

Bump again. I am beginning to be concerned at the lack of a response.

Oceanic does their best customer service work when you call them up on the phone.
They have always taken care of me quickly after a phone call.

I am not even sure if they have any reps monitoring this forum.

well then ... we'll see if Oceanic cares about SB and the people that visit these forums and ask questions here
(I've had very good responses from Doug from questions I've asked here before)

I hate to say it but to leave this forum unattended would be a big black mark on their reputation IMO. If they have nobody to monitor it, fine. Post that here, get rid of the forum and move on with life. But when this forum exists and nobody is around to answer questions (that is after all why these forums exist), then it shows the customer that they are being ignored. I understand that supporting this sort of venue may not be in every businesses model, but they need to close it down if they are going to ignore it.

You may want to give them a call at (800) 435-3483 and give them the serial and firmware number on the veo 200.

It would be nice if they monitored this forum but calling them (or even emailing) them directly seems like a non-hassle if you need service.
I am very happy with my oceanic gear.

I think the forum is still useful for a user to user product discussion and experience.
I used it alot to learn about the VT4 before I bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom