Very Disappointed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub diver

Reaction score
I have a C4040 in an Ikelite Housing and I have the DS 125 strobe.

The housing is good and has a good finish, however, I wish I could say the same about the strobe.

I have the strobe flood on me twice now and it is not yet one year old, in fact it is a little over 10 months old.

As I bought the unit in the US I am not able to utlise the warranty, if it covered a flood anyway, because I am no longer in continental North America.

Needless to say the strobe has caused me grief on two trips that I have had in the past few months. I believe the battery pack is the cause of the flood, however, when it is pulled down after the flood, it is not discernable when the ingress of water is occurring (I believe the power switch to be the source of the leak).

I would not recommend, based on my experience with this unit, that someone get this model/make of strobe and probably go for the Inon or Sea & Sea YS series.

I know that there are likely to be plenty of happy Ikelite strobe owners but I am not one and I had to vent.

Have you contacted Ike? Maybe since you bought it in the US the warranty may still apply. Can't hurt to contact him. He's known for his customer service. Venting to us certainly won't get you anywhere!

Sub diver: Ikelite does not care where you bought the strobe or where you are. We will replace or repair if you send us that errant thingy............

Ike...one of the few Kings of Customer Service! :D

I'll send it back direct to you.

Do you want the battery and strobe, or do you want the arms and the slave sensors as well.

Feel free to PM me or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom