VIP [visual inspection] class - 1 spot left!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread went from 92 views at around noon today to 234 views with only 17 posts. Someone is reading it and thy either agree or disagree. You may disagree now with my posts but you would agree if we had 10 new threads started everyday with how many spots are left in a class at any given shop.

I don't really think that is going to happen....most Texas shops don't even have a owner on this forum,,,,they could care less.

I find it a good thing for the shops that do have input here...it would seem of some benefit to them and their market share.

If someone posts a thread you do not wish to read/follow than just don't look at it any longer---what is so difficult about that?

I persl. feel what is happening with LDS's is part of this forum...its us that are involved in diving on a regular basis to stay better informed of the shops offerings/news.

I am baffled why an 'ex' dive shop owner really is so bothered by this thread and its content. I really think this whole mess is alot about nothing....in a day or 2 know one will remember this thread anyways....hopefully a few of us be actually be diving!

:D

This thread went from 92 views at around noon today to 234 views with only 17 posts. Someone is reading it and thy either agree or disagree. You may disagree now with my posts but you would agree if we had 10 new threads started everyday with how many spots are left in a class at any given shop.

But if it was okay for you to do it as a shop owner 8 months ago, why is it so horrible for Nicco to do it as a shop owner now?

The fact it was 8 months ago and you no longer own the shop is irrelevant.

It was not ok for me to do it as shop owner a few months ago.

There's nothing to see here, move along, move along. Breath in, breath out. Repeat as necessary. OM Mani Padme OM

Well I guess I will just shut the **** up then. Maybe I will stir some trouble up in another thread tomorrow. Hmmm, so much time, so little to do anymore.

WOW!!

Royal Scuba, you need to shut your doors down! Because Debraw has given you more free run over the past day than you got in all previous posts over the last few weeks.

Can someone in Arlington inform Austin: does the pie ever stop??

DebraW, it's not just you, in fact, we all enjoy using Scubaboard but then you decide not to play nice and start making claims. Mike S, another southern gent, sniffed this out from the get.

Go to page 1 and read the 4th, 7th and 8th posts in this thread again. (It should be easy, you are the author of two of them.) You admit to having threads that are active on Scubaboard’s TxSwampDivers MAIN BLOG (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/) that are against the very thing you are policing. I DO NOT CARE WHETHER THEY ARE ONE DAY OLD, TWO WEEKS OLD, OR 4 YEARS OLD. (JAC seems to agree.) Why, because you think you deserve preferential treatment?

DebraW, you specifically shot off in the 4th post of this thread: Respect the board and the board will respect you. Well, now "the board" is NOT respecting your approach to being a self-appointed policewoman.

DebraW, until you contact Ann Marie directly, turn in yourself, ask that all of your own threads that are identical to what you are against be IMMEDIATELY MOVED TO MARKETPLACE. Once it is confirmed that your threads are ALL moved to marketplace that involve your shop, then, AND ONLY THEN, should you be able to call out the practices of your competitors. I was informed that you are still a non-employed minority owner of the shop that you claim you sold . . . SI Scuba. Try a different approach, be friendly for once. If you can’t be friendly, then read the 10th post in this thread about ignoring threads all together.

Mack Diver, this is what I was discussing with you, about how Oak Hill and Royal Scuba are the cream of the crop in these parts. It’s why I'll always get my mix from you, and my gal is gonna be certified through Royal. When reading this thread, it’s obvious why someone no longer runs a shop and why Mack and Nicco run bonafide operations. She doesn’t have to be professional because she longer answers the SI Scuba phone, but I’m witnessing first hand reasons why she is retired. I gave her shop some business last year, her shop was nice but lacked hospitality. When in DFW, which is where my gal is from, I now buy from Tiger Shark, they are the best shop inbetween Dallas and Ft Worth in a long time.

DEBRAW,
Didn’t you learn learn anything in MBA school? If you want to prove your point then strive to ignore. If everyone ignored these threads, and no one replied, then DebraW would definitely be in the right. But, if she’s making 6 of the first 19 posts on the very thread she wants demolished, well that’s just pathetic on her part. That’s nearly 33 percent of the threadlife, yahooooo! Royal Scuba should put you on the payroll because you have given them a ton of kudos and you don’t even know it.

This blogsite, Scubaboard, is what we make it, right??!?! If the MAJORITY wants it a certain way, then Scubaboard will make it so. The business that listens to its customers is a smart business. And Scubaboard is a smart business. (I wish I thought of it.) DebraW is obviously wrong because I’m the 14th person to make comment on this thread and so far, only DebraW and ReefHound have a problem with this thread. That puts them in the overwhelming MINORITY! So, whatever comments Debraw makes from here on out, she does so with this understanding. Maybe she needs to reflect and focus on the things she can control, like her dive shop. Oops!!! Makes you wonder why she lost it??? Not really.

BullSharkGator

PS: On this thread alone, I bet she will make a minimum of 8 posts by Wednesday mid-morning and 10 posts by lunch!! Overwhelming MINORITY. She will probably demand a recount in Florida.

It was not ok for me to do it as shop owner a few months ago.

Yet you did, then jump someone else for doing it.

Come on.

If I don't like a thread when I open it the first time, I don't go back. That's easy to figure out.

It's the chance I take when I click on a thread. And I admittedly don't work and play well with others.

Come on.

I was informed that you are still a non-employed minority owner of the shop that you claim you sold . . . SI Scuba.

Whats with this statement....your source?

Lake Travis Scuba...What a shameless plug to get people to go diving out on your boat. Shouldn’t that be in the market place forum too? Hahaha

Wow… all of this backlash because I couldn’t take that VIP class. Kind of makes me laugh. Isn’t it funny how one little pebble can sometime change the whole flow if the river?

Yeah I am in instructor at Royal Scuba, so I’m sure my opinion will probably be seen as somewhat bias, but come on…this forum is for sharing information and opportunities with the diving community as a whole. Debra, can I see where you are coming from….kind of, but hell if you don’t want to read a thread…..do what I do. Don’t click on the damn thing. For one who is against beating a dead horse, you sure seem tired.

I have a feeling this thread will be deleted soon anyway, but seriously I think it would have been a one or two post and done thread, if all this fuss hadn’t have been started.
And yes a lot of people do read these posts and say nothing, or just sit up in the cheap seats waiting for the chance to pounce on someone when they feel that they are not respecting the board. But I guess that’s to be expected…who are we kidding, we are all sitting in front of computers and I’d be willing to bet the most people aren’t going to come out and jump down your throat over something like this in person, but because we are all sitting behind our computers and that this forum is quasi anonymous, people feel like they can, or have to, get hostile when ever they feel.

Reading all of these posts tonight have been pretty entertaining…have to admit, I got a few laughs. But we are all here to have a good time and talk about diving, and all the other goofy **** that we get into. (after all...i'm supposed to be the tube sock wearing, guitar playing front man, in the band that was playing at our opening)haha (by the way....that so never happened)

I’m sure I’ll probably catch some flack for posting this, but who cares. Some of you will probably laugh (mostly those of you who know me, and hopefully some of you who don’t), and some will probably think I’m just a big a-hole, but oh well, I’m used to that too. Hahha

I digress….sorry to be so long winded, but hey that’s me.

Take care….have fun….smile….keep diving, and sharing your experiences with others.

-Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom