Vis - Croatia, again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had plans to go to Croatia in September (now) , but my travelling companions let me down . Hopefully I will make it over there next year sometime .In doing research I came across this site http://www.dcpongo.com/ who seemed to offer good rates .
To those who know - is this a good offer ? Are they well placed to offer good diving ?

Safe Diving

Andrew

By the end of June (which is just before the season starts so accommodation is cheaper) I paid 10 dives plus accommodation - 255 euro. So it's less than what they offer. But I know that just a week later accommodation was more expensive - but I still think that more than 300 euro for 12 dives plus accommodation is rather expensive.
You can find cheaper places.
Mania

mania:
They are not vero good - we were trying to take some "artistic" photos without much success.
Mania
Guys - Croatia is great - excellent food, lovely people. Only a bit expensive.

Caves and caverns are hard for taking pictures (from my experience) - many experiments are required to get good results.

BTW I met a bunch (20-30) divers from Poland last week at Komiza. They dived several wrecks (including famous B-17 bomber at 72m). Unfortunately, I left before that dive and came back day after (weather conditions were not so good these days - rough sea). The other group from Poland (15-20) also came to Komiza on Sunday.

Greetings to you all.

Thanks MonkSeal for beautiful pictures!!!

I went to Komiza last year and it was superb. Dived with Lori at Manta Diving as well - excellent team, excellent dives. Have to admit I didn't dive on the famous B-24 / 72 meters (I'm CMAS**, 80 dives), but there are so many things to see (Teti wreck for example, not mentioning caves and walls) so I didn't have any regrets.

One piece of advice - avoid Vis in mid May, the only time in year when visibility is poor (although for some 15-20 days).

On Wednesday I'm off to Korcula; there is one wreck of S57, German torpedo boat, on my MUST-SEE list.

I love wrecks, and if you ask me, my favorite is BARON GAUTSCH in Istria, a passenger steam-boat that went down on August, 13 1914. My God, I dived there at least five times and I could do it again tomorrow. 85 meters long, 11 meters wide - they don't call her The Titanic of Adriatic Sea for nothing (BTW, there were 336 people on board, 177 drowned).

BIG SKY DAVE!

I have the same problem with non-diving spouse. The only way I work things up is to find similar couple and hope for the best... And endure my husband's football & guys’ visits to the bar for the next year without the whisper...

WISH YOU ALL HAPPY DIVES!!!

BigBlue_77:
Have to admit I didn't dive on the famous B-24 / 72 meters

I have to correct you: It's B-17G not B-24. There's one B-24 sunk near Hvar.

I dove the Pula peninsula and off of Hvar near Split. Both were great dives. I highly recommend going especially if you are dragging around a non-diving significant other. You can dive and they can go shop without breaking the bank. Hvar is known for its wild Lavendar and Pula has a working Coliseum. Warning! Rocky beaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom