Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you suggest that he take a look for himself?

Obviously it would be much easier to teach a professional investigator how to dive than it would be to teach a diver how to be a professional investigator. :shakehead:

At this point, in convinced it would be easier to teach a fish to talk than to get any points acrss to the PDL sheriffs dept there.

On somewhat of a whim, I Googled about "the Vortex incident" today (I guess because I read the thread about Vortex being closed, and in which Ben was mentioned). Nothing new of note, that I saw, except this post in which the writer says he's making a documentary about Ben's disappearance.

We are seeking to speak to people who knew Ben McDaniel, (outside of his diving and family circles) for a documentary film about his disappearance. We've recently interviewed family and friends, and have conducted our own cave diving searches at Vortex Spring. We are looking for those who knew Ben socially.
Contact Producer Robert McClellan mcclellanrobert (at) mac (dot) com

Link to post:
Ben McDaniel presumed lost thread from sunshine underground

I'm not connected at all with the cave diving community, but since Mr. McClellan mentions having made cave searches at Vortex, perhaps it's someone who is a member here (or of the general cave diving community)?

Thanks for that info, Netdoc. Sounds like he has more than solid qualifications.

Thanks for the kind words, NetDoc. Can't scoop ScubaBoard! Indeed, I am producing a doc film about the strange disappearance of Ben McDaniel at Vortex Spring. In the interest of discretion and security, I quietly hired some world class side mount cave divers to take custom made cinema lights and hi def cameras into the cave.
I am interested in speaking with ScubaBoard members who were involved with, or simply have strong opinions about the incident. Please contact here via PM or email: 57writer(at)gmail(dot) com

Thanks for the kind words, NetDoc. Can't scoop ScubaBoard! Indeed, I am producing a doc film about the strange disappearance of Ben McDaniel at Vortex Spring. In the interest of discretion and security, I quietly hired some world class side mount cave divers to take custom made cinema lights and hi def cameras into the cave.
I am interested in speaking with ScubaBoard members who were involved with, or simply have strong opinions about the incident. Please contact here via PM or email: 57writer(at)gmail(dot) com

If you are Robert McClellan, then why the new email address? In the article above it was (mcclellanrobert@mac.com) and now you have one tied to your brand new and unknown SB handle. I would think that a well respected producer would not want to confuse people on how to reach them. To me, something smells fishy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom