Vyper wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koolaidjob

Registered
Reaction score
I've done some research and I am going to go with the Vyper Wrist Computer. One lingering concern...As I've searched through old threads, I have found bits and pieces about data transmission problems on air readings. How big of a problem is this with the Vyper, based on personal experiences and what you've heard?

Koolaidjob:
I've done some research and I am going to go with the Vyper Wrist Computer. One lingering concern...As I've searched through old threads, I have found bits and pieces about data transmission problems on air readings. How big of a problem is this with the Vyper, based on personal experiences and what you've heard?

I take it that you are talking about the Vytec, as the Vyper isn't air integrated. I have a Vytec, and have had no problems for several dozen dives. You do need to make sure the wrist and transmitter are paired before you submerge. (Walking away for a while after pairing might confuse the units on occasion. I started to make it a point to do the pairing just as I am gearing up, upon which I had zero problems.)

I connect my watch(powered on) to the my first stage then i turn on the tank. This pairs the two and it will be hard for the two to become unpaired since the watch cant walk. Then when i am suiting up i just put the watch on and throw the tank on my back without worrying about being too far from the tank.

The Vyper has huge problems with air integration. So bad in fact it doesnt work.

Then again its not meant to be AI - you mean the Vytec.

From reading around and asking users it seems there is a theoretical problem of high powered strobes causing momentry disruption of a signal, a few users experience it but its lasts only seconds. Uwatec also warn of the same with theirs - large electrical discharges have a habit of affecting RF regardless of make and model !

Koolaidjob:
Definitely Vytec, sorry about the error. I guess on Amazon.com it lists both under Vyper. Thanks for the input!
by the looks of things, Amazon.com is reselling Leisurepro.com items. Interesting... very, very interesting.

KrisB:
by the looks of things, Amazon.com is reselling Leisurepro.com items. Interesting... very, very interesting.

Actually Leisurepro is selling through amazon. When you put that in your shopping cart and check out the order will go to Leisurepro and Leisurepro will ship you the item. Amazon takes a cut for Leisurepro using Amazon's interface and selling to Amazon's customers.

I ended up getting the Cobra without the compass from Sport Chalet for $550 (pretty decent from what I hear). It was a good thing too - the warranty card said it covered NO items bought over the internet.

When I did use AI with my Vytec...I have never experienced problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom