WalMart Divers Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in a WalMart up here over the weekend looking for a kid's life jacket and in the boating section I come across what looks exactly like a Pelican Super SabreLite, except it says North 49 on it. The packaging is pretty plain, typical Made In China but it does say summersible divers light good to 100m. It was $8.97. For the price I figure what the heck thinking it might make a good daytime light and grabbed one.

Has anyone actually tried these lights out? Do these things actually work? I thought maybe they were the real thing, just distributed by the offshore manuafacturer under their own name. If so, I'm going to start bringing them down to Florida and I'll make a a fortune selling them. :)

Marc

I bought 2 of them from walmart took them down to 110 ft. One of the lights leaked the other was fine. I think what I needed to do was turn them on before going in the water,turning it on during the dive caused it to leak.Good price for a backup light though!

ummmm, get what ya pay for.

I've seen dive masks for 8 bucks at walmart too.

Oh please no! Walmart has no place in the scuba equip retail market. :)

Those lights probably work pretty good in a pool at night though. Seems like more of a toy for the tods than a tool for the rents.

FLL Diver:
I was in a WalMart up here over the weekend looking for a kid's life jacket and in the boating section I come across what looks exactly like a Pelican Super SabreLite, except it says North 49 on it. The packaging is pretty plain, typical Made In China but it does say summersible divers light good to 100m. It was $8.97. For the price I figure what the heck thinking it might make a good daytime light and grabbed one.

Has anyone actually tried these lights out? Do these things actually work? I thought maybe they were the real thing, just distrubuted by the offshore manuafacturer under their own name. If so, I'm going to start bringing them down to Florida and I'll make a a fortune selling them. :)

Marc
I had one that gave up on me at about one hundred feet.

If you set the two lights side-by-side, there are some little differences. Perhaps they are made at the same plants to different specifications.

I would not go diving with one again, but the replacement bulb modules do fit and are much cheaper at Wallyworld.

Don Burke:
I would not go diving with one again, but the replacement bulb modules do fit and are much cheaper at Wallyworld.
That would be worth trying, I think. maybe???

I personally am very impressed with my BP/W setup I got from Wall*Mart. Just don't go deeper than 2ft with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom