Walmart Gear Tote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these as a gear tote for shore dives? Seems too large to take on a boat. I saw one at the store today and it seemed to be really sturdy…but it’s so darn BIG!

To big, by the time you load it it will be to heavy to lift, a folding wagon would be a better choice in the same places this would work.

Anyone ever use one of these as a gear tote for shore dives? Seems too large to take on a boat. I saw one at the store today and it seemed to be really sturdy…but it’s so darn BIG!
Whenever you go on a boat, you wanna bring as little stuff as possible.

A couple buddies of mine use this monster. It holds all their equipment minus tanks and weights for transport in the truck. Weights stay out so they can lift it in/out alone then get put in if rolling to the site. It's nice because you can secure it.

Screenshot_20231031_080905_Home Depot.jpg
Screenshot_20231031_080928_Home Depot.jpg

I use a regular wagon I picked up from Costco and just lock my keys in the bed of my truck (locked canopy). The team branded ones from Costco are crap. The handles aren't secure. This wagon can haul 2 steel 100s, 1 pony bottle, 2 sets weights for cold water, 2 BC, and all the extra crap.

Screenshot_20230203_193357_Costco.jpg
Screenshot_20230203_193414_Costco.jpg

I’ve been using a wheel barrow, but it is so big that I have to use my truck. The folding wagon would fit into my SUV. Maybe that’s what I need to pursue. Thanks!

To big, by the time you load it it will be to heavy to lift, a folding wagon would be a better choice in the same places this would work.
I would never fill a wagon, cart or whatever before lifting it in or out of my vehicle. I’m too old for that.

I would never fill a wagon, cart or whatever before lifting it in or out of my vehicle. I’m too old for that.
So you would put this in your vehicle, tote all of you stuff to said vehicle and load or not into this tank, get to dive site, unload the stuff, reload into this tank and roll it to wherever you dive. I use drybags for my gear one for backplate/wing, reg and all the loose stuff and another for drysuit , fins, boots and a third for undergarments etc. my buddy and I both drive smallish vehicles (soul for me) and park close to dive site but if I had to move some distance I would go with a wagon.

im am old too 68

I have a very similar one I got from Home Depot.

It is big enough to fit 2 tanks in it plus all other gear for 1 diver, but it is really heavy to move around. The box alone is about 35 lb empty and there is too much weight on the handle to walk with it long distances. If the handle was lower it might have put more weight over the wheels with less weight for your arm to carry.

I used it on a trailer hitch tray with a bike lock cable for theft protection.

This one may be easier to move longer distance when full and everything but tanks should fit.

So you would put this in your vehicle, tote all of you stuff to said vehicle and load or not into this tank, get to dive site, unload the stuff, reload into this tank and roll it to wherever you dive. I use drybags for my gear one for backplate/wing, reg and all the loose stuff and another for drysuit , fins, boots and a third for undergarments etc. my buddy and I both drive smallish vehicles (soul for me) and park close to dive site but if I had to move some distance I would go with a wagon.

im am old too 68
Nope. That would be silly. I would put my stuff into the vehicle. Load the cart/ wagon last. Then cart out first at the dive site, load gear, and haul to staging area. Opposite procedure on way home. You’re looking at this from the perspective of a small car, while I’m using something a bit more roomy.
Right now I’m using a wheel barrow. A folding wagon seems like a better idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom