Walmart Gear Tote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It holds all their equipment minus tanks and weights for transport in the truck.....
I also have/use the Dewalt box in your picture. I only use it in my car - not shore,,,mainly to capture salt water dripping. I'll confirm that even though it's glass strand reinforced and roto-molded strong, I still fiberglassed the inside lower part because I also put my 2 Monster LP121 steel tanks inside (Yep they fit!). In the pict below you can see I added a glassed in wooden tank rack on the bottom for both support and to lift it up so the tanks fit over the chest's wheel wells. Tanks in the bottom, wet gear bag on top of tanks & let it drip contained. I completely abuse and pound on this container and it has not leaked a single drop of corrosive salt water in about 150 dive days. I can slam on the car brakes, high speed cornering, and leave it in a hot 140 degree interior and the Dewalt container won't budge/slide/tip. I actually give me more floor cargo space for coolers, dive accesories, etc because all my gear & tanks are stacked high and tight. Lastly I threw the lid out, makes it easier to top load while it's already sitting open in my car. A pair of AL80's will sit inside without the modifications I did. You could fill this with water and soak/rinse your gear, but I don't.

20220716_111255.jpg

I also have/use the Dewalt box in your picture. I only use it in my car - not shore,,,mainly to capture salt water dripping. I'll confirm that even though it's glass strand reinforced and roto-molded strong, I still fiberglassed the inside lower part because I also put my 2 Monster LP121 steel tanks inside (Yep they fit!). In the pict below you can see I added a glassed in wooden tank rack on the bottom for both support and to lift it up so the tanks fit over the chest's wheel wells. Tanks in the bottom, wet gear bag on top of tanks & let it drip contained. I completely abuse and pound on this container and it has not leaked a single drop of corrosive salt water in about 150 dive days. I can slam on the car brakes, high speed cornering, and leave it in a hot 140 degree interior and the Dewalt container won't budge/slide/tip. I actually give me more floor cargo space for coolers, dive accesories, etc because all my gear & tanks are stacked high and tight. Lastly I threw the lid out, makes it easier to top load while it's already sitting open in my car. A pair of AL80's will sit inside without the modifications I did.

View attachment 808484
My buddies don't put tanks or weights in during transport because they can't lift that much at once lol. We drive trucks so the tanks get secured and then put in one of the wagons or carts being taken to the shore.

Thanks! Is that the one you use or did you get the longer one?
That link is the exact one I use. I didn't realize the pics I pulled awhile back were a longer one. I wouldn't trust the weight we put in them with the longer span.

Right now I’m using a wheel barrow.
What's the wheel barrow for? And why do you want a huge box? For car diving, I have a few smaller boxes. One for my drysuit, one for my regs, mask, lights tec, and one for the rest. I don't want sand or dirt from the drysuit box on my regs and it's easier to carry. For boat diving I have either use milk crates and/or duffle bag(s), depending in the boat.

What's the wheel barrow for? And why do you want a huge box? For car diving, I have a few smaller boxes. One for my drysuit, one for my regs, mask, lights tec, and one for the rest. I don't want sand or dirt from the drysuit box on my regs and it's easier to carry. For boat diving I have either use milk crates and/or duffle bag(s), depending in the boat.
He drives a truck...
The wheel barrow makes hauling 100s lbs of gear over most distance easy. The huge box with wheels makes it secure and kinda easy to do so. The wagon makes it easier still. Regs go on top of my crap when I transport from truck to site with the wagon.

The wheel barrow is all I have to transport gear from my vehicle to the staging area for shore dives. It’s about a 150 meter walk. I’m just asking for ideas to transport all the gear. I don’t necessarily “want” a large box. I just want a better solution.

A few buddies of mine use a 'beach rolly' for their (SM) tanks but they put the suit on and get ready by the car. I guess I never dove anywhere with staging area. I always put all my stuff on by the car and walk.
This is what some people use here:

Thanks! Is that the one you use or did you get the longer one?
So there's a secret about the folding wagons you need to look for or else you'll get burned like several of us FL divers, me included.

On the wheels, some are welded to the "SIDE" of the kart frame {quicker=cheaper}. The good ones have holes drilled thru the middle of the frame and it's 3 times as strong. If you are loaded up with tanks and gear,,,,on each curb, crack, or board walk you run the wheels over, it will stress the cheap welds and eventually crack and break. The karts with the wheel pins mounted THRU the frame and not on the side have been really good for us. I load 2 steel tanks +gear (~175lbs) and tug it over cobble stone walkway about 1000ft from my car down the charter docks and it hasn't cracked. Mine's the store brand from Academy Sports in Fla, but they all get made overseas. Just look close at the wheel attachment.

20231031_140817.jpg

That link is the exact one I use. I didn't realize the pics I pulled awhile back were a longer one. I wouldn't trust the weight we put in them with the longer span.
Perfect. I just ordered one from Costco. My membership expires tomorrow. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom