Want more D-ring capacity ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark_tamer:
Looking for more D-ring capacity ??

:14: Here's what I do.

Carabiniers ( mountaint climbing things ) clipped on one D-ring ... tripples the capacity !!!:wink:

View attachment 36325

P.S. ... Might not be D.I.R. !!!!!:shakehead :rofl3:
and why would you need them?

gomi_otaku:
I guess I don't see how that allows more "capacity"? The carabiners are taking up space that would normally allow things to be clipped off. Unless you are simply saying you use the carabiners to clip things off, in the way people usually use stainless double clips.
gomi_

I agree. Get rid of all those carabiners and you'll have plenty of room to clip off.

1_T_Submariner:
ut oh!! you will die if you use these!:popcorn:

yeah, but see how pretty they look? That's really all that matters when you come down to it!! :shakehead

Scuba-Jay:
yeah, but see how pretty they look? That's really all that matters when you come down to it!! :shakehead
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm not sure you being serious or just kidding...

But that to me is a problem just waiting to happen...say your torch, reel, whatever gets caught on something, I could see this being very difficult to figure out how to unclip the offending object, if its dark, low vis?

Do you have d-rings along the bottom of your bcd, you can use instead?

Pretty stuff is good M'kay.

JahJahwarrior:
If you aren't going to use locking ones, then flip one around so the gate is facing the oopposite way, then clip the thing through both of them. :)

Two opposite and opposed biners are to keep the rope or webbing from coming out, not other stuff from coming in. Here we are worried about stuff getting snagged on it by the gate opening, which would still happen if it were opposite and opposed.

I say get yourself some autolocking biners. Screw locked biners will just get crap in the threads underwater and get stuck. Plus you can open an autolocker with one hand a heck of a lot easier than you can a screw lock.

I would not go with 316 SS biners because, if you can find them, they will cost a fortunte. I'm going to guess $30 - $40. Regular mountaineering biners are made from aluminum which should not corrode if you give it a half assed rinse after you use it. Plus they will be almost neutral!

jhbryaniv:

What sort of material would you use to sew this on to your BCD with - and what type of thread?

TheTrickster:
What sort of material would you use to sew this on to your BCD with - and what type of thread?

I would attach it by threading it through the webbing of my harness. . . What kind of BC do you have?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom