Wanted -Your opinion of diver friend's QR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Bipartitus:
I am also interested in what the specific problem with a normal weight belt is.

Myself, I had trouble with a normal weight belt. I'm bigger thatn the average diver and thus need more weight and... well... my figure doesn't suit itself to a weightbelt. When doing my drysuit class I kept having the belt end up around my knees. My solution was to get a DUI weight and trim. A bit more expensive than a typical weight belt, but it won't be sliding off.
Well, I didn't mention the specific issue he was having with the weight belt so as to keep the replies focused on his solution, namely, the plastic QR.

But, since so many asked, yes, it is ending up around his ankles by the time he duck-walks back to the trucks.

(BTW, I also love my DUI weight & trim)

Have any of you ever had a little piece of dirt, or a burr on the plastic of one of those buckles pictured, preventing it from being undone? I have, and let me tell you, you need large pliers to squeeze the plastic tabs in, in order to release the buckle. All the while you are hopping you don't bust the thing to pieces. The problem I have with that type of buckle is not that it will release too soon, rather that it will be next to impossible to release when jammed. As sure as sunshine, it will jam up just when you need to release it in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom