Watch out for a Swindle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Easy Divers Cyprus has been invited to join this thread

Sounds like saffa33 needs to put another dollar in to complete his desired training on his own dime (or in his case shillings).

More of the Story

I requested a price on an internship.

I was AOW and wanted to go EFR to MSDT. I gave them a complete list of the Equipment I would be bringing with me.

I asked for an all inclusive price for everything I needed.
I was given a price of €3000 excluding IDC Crew Pack and was told all other items would be included.... Manuals, equipment etc etc

I did not receive the manuals required by PADI nor the equipment

From The Padi Instructor Manual -
Candidates must have a current version
of these required materials:
• PADI Divemaster Manual*
• RDP – all versions (table and
eRDPML including associated
Instructions for Use booklets)
• The Encyclopedia of Recreational
Diving
• Diving Knowledge Workbook
• Divemaster Slates
• Instructor Guides for programs
PADI Divemasters may conduct:
a. Discover Scuba Diving
b. Discover Snorkeling/Skin
Diver Course
c. Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving

Of this lot I got the Manual and had to pay for an eRDPml and told to buy the rest. To which I refused, as I had paid upfront for all of the items required.

I ended up with OWSI. After I had paid the cash when I got there, I was informed a month into the programme that I would only be getting MSDT PREP. I did 6 specialities (Instructor Level), which are questionable in the way they were done. For example, I have done 1 drysuit dive and have been signed off for Dry Suit Instructor by Easy Divers Course Director who is the person that took me for that dive.

My understanding of it is.... If I request Zero to Hero or Start to Divemaster, I don't get a Preparation for Divemaster.... It includes divemaster.

Doing a QA will not get me anything back.... I will continuously warn people against this kind of practice so that they don't get swindled out of money for trying to join this very large industry.

Name and Shame "Easy Divers - Cyprus" and any others that rip people off.

I don't know, you bought a Zero to Hero program and now are nit-picking it?

Seems to me if you really are in it for the Love of diving you'd preferred to have gone the long road which would have been at a normal pace and taken one step at a time.

Not too sure exactly what happened to you, but sounds like you were not awre of materials required, and were under the impression that the dive centre would be supplying them.Correct?
If so, then maybe a lack of communication and worth persuing.
As a course director I always send out a package clearly explainig what materials are required for all teh courses.
Any materials you bought shoudl in fairness, been charged to you at members prices, as you can get them for virtually same price a a dive store.
as for the course exactly what did you do?
If you sat through a specialty course with a CD then you can teach that specialty without having 25 certifications. You still need 10 dives in that area as a pre requisite to start the course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom