Watch rather than computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mleary:
As I am just starting out, rather than splash out on a computer I am looking for a digital watch that will display details like temp and depth for my own interest. Does such a thing exist?

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to get the timex helix for my girlfriend and a more expensive model (haven't decided yet) for my self. For those who rightly show concern that we will be relying on a watch be rest assured as we will be renting all the necessary gear for now until we decide to purchase.

What I have noticed though is that it is cheaper to buy in the US! Anyone know if the guarantees are local to the country of purchase?

mleary:
Thank you all for the advice. I am going to get the timex helix for my girlfriend and a more expensive model (haven't decided yet) for my self. For those who rightly show concern that we will be relying on a watch be rest assured as we will be renting all the necessary gear for now until we decide to purchase.

What I have noticed though is that it is cheaper to buy in the US! Anyone know if the guarantees are local to the country of purchase?

We are shipping a ton of stuff all over the world right now that to George W economic policy that have the US dollar in the toilet... As far as warranties... that can vary from country to country, and brand to brand. The worst case scenario is the unit has to go back to the main HQ of the company... ie italy for mares, japan for tusa, etc... but depending on the item and location, it might be handled where you are...

.. and where are you?? You should go fill out your profile so everyone can get to know you a bit better.

scubatoys:
We are shipping a ton of stuff all over the world right now that to George W economic policy that have the US dollar in the toilet... As far as warranties... that can vary from country to country, and brand to brand. The worst case scenario is the unit has to go back to the main HQ of the company... ie italy for mares, japan for tusa, etc... but depending on the item and location, it might be handled where you are...

.. and where are you?? You should go fill out your profile so everyone can get to know you a bit better.

I have updated my profile thanks for the tip.

mleary:
$200

Couple of years?

Any thoughts?

I'd be in a computer. You can get into a computer for under $200, and it will do so much more than a watch for your. Something like an Aeris Atmos 1 would be fine. Or for $300, you could get a full nitrox computer.

I wear a dive watch so people on land know I'm a diver... take it off when I go diving... go figure.

I agree, why not just get a dive computer which gives you the features you need and the extra benefit of safety diving. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom