Watch Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid,

I'm on my second one. I never read the instructions but have never had a problem with either of them. I got rid of the first one when the battery died. I once had a Citizen G-Shock that I also liked but when I had the battery changed it leaked. So now I just go with the cheapest Ironman that goes to 100m and throw it away when the battery dies.

Rickg

sessions:
I hate to post what may seem like an Ebay ad...but I have a wrist computer, made by UWATEC..the aladin sport. It is only 1 1/2 years old, but i cannot find where or how much for the data cable/software to download to my laptop??....anyone have a clue where to look? ( i tried www.uwatec.com) :06:

You find some here:

http://www.scotpages.com/aladin/

rickg:
Basic Timex Ironman. Nice large numbers, backlight funtion if your diving at night or somewhere else where there isn't enough natural light, good to 100m and you should be able to find one for between $20-$30.

I just killed mine (about 2 years old, but just started using it for diving) last weekend. I've used my Ironman for about a dozen dives for timing safety stop and such, and this weekend as soon as I hit the button it died.

I picked up another one (Target, $32), and in the literature it says "Do not use the buttons under water, that will void the water resistance". I hadn't realized that. Now I'm looking for a cheap U/W stopwatch I can use the buttons on...

Still like the watch for running, bike riding, and the like. I just won't take it diving any longer.

Back
Top Bottom