Water and Air in my wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Now the only issue concerning bouyancy and my wing that I still have is controlling the amount of air that I let out with the rear dump. I hold it because I don't think anything came out, then end up letting out too much and have to put some back in...
A technique I use that helps on the rear dump is: My dump pull cord is only about 2 inches long with a double knot tied in it. When I need to pull it, I use my thumb and forefinger to grip it (kinda like holding a guitar pick) and let my other fingers lay over the dump. I can feather the dump and feel the flow of the bubbles.

I like that Jimi, gonna have to try it.

To the OP, Shalom,

I'm another one who does not need to break trim to use the inflator to dump. I find that with my HOG wings I just need to raise it higher than my ear when horizontal and it vents quite easily. At most I've had to lean SLIGHTLY to the right and raise my left shoulder which I do anyway when diving dry to vent. I've also gotten to the point where I can hear the wing vent and with time you begin to trust your equipment and somehow know and feel that the dump is working. Take your time and relax. Follow the tips you've gotten here and incorporate them gradually and stick with the ones that work for you.

I remove the water from my BC between dives. While standing with my BC still on and filled with air I pull the butt dumps and blow all the water out. When rinsing my gear, I will fill the bladder 1/2 full with fresh water, re-inflate the BC with air manually and blow the water out through the butt dump valves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom