Water temps in Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I don't know about travelling elsewhere. My travelling was limited to the Cebu region. I did have a wonderful time there, and I absolutely miss it! Glad ya liked the photos!! =) It's nice to be home again, but I suppose it will take me awhile to get used to not being able to dive once or twice a week anymore. Now I'm trying to figure out how and where to get some bottom time now that I'm landlocked here in Oklahoma....lol.

so would you recommend flying into Cebu or Manila?

BeckiLeigh:
Hi funkyspelunker,

I just got back from Cebu a couple of weeks ago. I was there working for 4 months and was lucky enough to log 50+ dives around Cebu!

So, if you are planning to go to the Cebu region, I would recommend Gato Island and Monad Shoal at Malapascua (north of Cebu). There you will find Thresher Sharks at the Shoal; and white-tip and black-tip sharks and some sea snakes at Gato. I dove 2x's at Monad Shoal, but did not see a thresher myself. There is almost a 100% guarantee of seeing the white/black-tips at Gato. I dove there 3x's and saw sharks on every dive. The local divemasters know where to find them in the caves and holes around the tiny island. There is also a tunnel at Gato that you can go through where the sharks hang out. You can surface inside the tunnel to see bats.

There is also good diving in Bohol, particularly Cabilao and Balicasag Islands. The reefs here are in excellent condition and there are very nice hard and soft corals. Also a chance to see sea turtles.

I hear that Moalboal has nice diving also, although I did not get a chance to go there personally.

The water temps are warm enough to dive with a shortie suit, although you may run into some jellies and want the protection of a thin long suit.

Hope this information is helpful to you!

Happy Diving!
Becki

Depends on where you are flying from. You can fly directly into Cebu from parts of Asia. If you are flying from the US, you will probably need to go through Manila. And then, it's only an hour flight from Manila to Cebu. You could check out websites for Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific Airlines for routes. I think PAL flies from Vancouver to Manila.

The airport in Cebu is located on Mactan Island. There are several resorts right there near the airport that have diving operations. There are a couple of nice dive sites near Mactan (Hiluntungan and Nalasuan Islands).....20-30 minute boat ride away. The place I dove out of also offered the tour packages to Bohol and Malapascua.

I am headed to Cebu as well, arriving there on July 21st,a nd staying int he area until the 1st, from which I will proceed on to Bali and then eastward..

I am pretty new to diving, but love it and dream of it almost every night. Anyhoo, maybe I will see ya there.

Danny

stickonthermometer_723_general.jpg
U/w Temperature last 29 thru Dec 1 2008

27 to 28 centigrade

I'm still bringing my hooded vest !!!

The water is always great, the viz is always superb, you will always see what you wanted to see, the food is awesome, women are extremely hot, gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful, and loving, the diving is awesome, the food is awesome, the women are.....oh, I covered that already.....just get here, you'll see.

I am a little biased though.......

The water is always great, the viz is always superb, you will always see what you wanted to see, the food is awesome, women are extremely hot, gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful, and loving, the diving is awesome, the food is awesome, the women are.....oh, I covered that already.....just get here, you'll see.

I am a little biased though.......

Didn't you forget to say "visit my website www.panayexplorers.com" ?:mooner:

ps Water temp was 29c yesterday here in Dauin/Dumaguete...think I found a new dive site too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom