water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txdiveman

Registered
Reaction score
I will be traveling to the nassau region the first week of Nov '06. I'm wondering what type of suit I should wear. Could I get by with a 3mm shorty or would I be better off with a full 3mm suit? The dives we have planned will be going to a depth of 80' or so.

I'll be diving in the Bahamas during the last week of December, and from what I've read, water temps are typically in the mid to upper 70's. I'm thinking of picking up a DUI 30/30 dry suit because I get cold pretty quick.

Two weeks ago we had 84-86F. I'd expect the temps to be on the decline and maybe a few degrees cooler by the time you get there. For me, a 3mm full suit with a hooded vest in my bag as insurance.

Hi txdiveman,

Sea surface temps only get one in the ball park regarding scuba temps. I receive source reports on scuba conditions from around the world on a pretty regular basis and I'd say for the first week in Nov you should look for New Providence area dive temps of 79F plus minus a degree.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom