Waterproof IPX8 Certified Phone Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also take a PLB if you're going shallow diving. Mines is a Inreach Explorer which has a SOS for search and rescue, GPS navigation and I can text message people using satellites which has a better chance of getting signal in the ocean than a cell phone. And it can stand being exposed under 1-meter of water for 30 minutes. Putting the Inreach Explorer in the dive bag makes me feel a lot more safer in the ocean.
My ACR 2881 leaves the house every time I do, everywhere. I do rent a dive canister to use it on trips as I don't get to dive that often. I don't think I'd carry both but for those who won't rent or own a PLB, a water resistant phone in a camera case is an interesting idea.

I like the IPX8 dive bag because you can still use any device while it's inside the bag and you don't need to worry about dropping it because the bag floats. I just hate that it's only 100-feet depth resistant. :-[

Maybe put the device in the dive bag then put the device with the dive bag inside the camera case? Hehe

If anyone near me on a dive had music playing underwater that I could hear I would politely ask to see their housed device and then open it so it STOPPED playing.:D

Folks, I just tested this thing on 80 fsw. Yeap, it didn't leak. It's the first dry pocket that didn't leak. I'm taking iPod with music next time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom