weather conditions this week end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good call Chuck on that drywall and waves heh :)?

A few of us were at Breakwater today doing skills. By all accounts Carmel was basically undiveable. The Breakwater had some pretty gnarly surf conditions, and the surge was nothing to sneeze at. It was diveable, but not fun.

Diving at Point Lobos was perfectly acceptable on Sat. Allison and I scootered out to the road and had a nice enough dive. Very good to excellent vis in the deeper part of the dive and it while it was plenty surgy it didn't really detract for the dive that much. There were several other teams there doing swimming/recreational profiles and reports for the most part was that diving was OK around Hole in the Wall and the north end of Middle Reef. Was very stirred up south of the worm patch but that's not exactly unusual.

Clinton

I dived on saturday around beto's reef (point lobos) and it was ok. The kick part was less good, with a bad visibilty inside the cove, with swell and current.

I dived on sunday in breakwater, afternoon. The "deep" part on the barge was very nice, but the visibilty along the wall was not the best.

Anyway, it was possible to dive, so I will consider that waves between 7 and 9ft allow to dive in lobos. Of course, sometimes the conditions can be better, but I don't like to book Lobos and not to go !

Anyway, it was possible to dive, so I will consider that waves between 7 and 9ft allow to dive in lobos. Of course, sometimes the conditions can be better, but I don't like to book Lobos and not to go !

Bear in mind that the swells were WNW on Sat. and somewhere
between W and WNW on Sunday. That means you were getting
more protection than from the usual NW swells. Direction counts.

BW wasn't that bad on Saturday. The vis was poor, the surge was a bit rough but there were plenty of OW classes and the parking lot was packed with divers.

Sunday at Lobos was quite nice. Beautiful sunny topside weather, and nice vis (30+ ft). We did a bunch of skill practice at 35ft then kicked down around into the canyons behind HITW to about 50ft . There was a long slow surge, the sand channel was churned up, but it was quite fun and divable.

I had the best encounter ever with a little cute spotted harbor seal who decided to rub it's chin and belly on my fins while I hovered a few feet off the bottom :). I could swear I heard it purring!

Bear in mind that the swells were WNW on Sat. and somewhere
between W and WNW on Sunday. That means you were getting
more protection than from the usual NW swells. Direction counts.

you are right, i will consider that too...
thanks,
M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom