Weekend diving trip from Singapore to Malaysia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Direct flight in 5 hours? I can get to Perth or the Maldives in 5 hours from Singapore - I can't believe it takes that long to get to the west coast of Sumatra?

James, Imdeed - My apologies I was looking at a cached page from another search. Seems there is no direct flight from SIN now the quickest option appears to be via KL at around 4 hours. The other flights all seem to go via Jakarta now.

I commute from Singapore to Aceh. As Wingy pointed out, there are no direct flights to Aceh or Padang from Singapore. Other than flights via KL or Jakarta, one has the option to fly via Medan. One other option is - take the fast ferry to Bantam from Singapore (~1hr) and a direct flight to Aceh or Padang.

If I only had a weekend in Singapore, the most trouble free dive trip is a simple two day livealoard form the ferry terminal. No airports or or surface interval issues. There are many options and choices for weekend destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom