Weekend shore dive conditions in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion - find a boat or get ready to paint the bedroom... it may clear up but right now (Thursday) it's been choppy a few days, there are literally tons of weeds on the surface and on the shore, and the water looks downright dirty.

If it turns around I'll post.

Kev7:
Hey what shore are you reporting from?? Im on the west coast of Fl..........
Can you spell A R L E N E ?
:(
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Can you spell A R L E N E ?
:(
Rick

I'm surprised all of the local news stations didn't cut into programming with a Breaking News story when it was upgraded to a tropical storm ... woo.
Prepare thyself for a season of hype.

I need to get some inflatables ... Godzilla, polar bears, pterodactyls, Edsels and the like ... then follow the TV news crews to their designated windblown parking lots ... start tossing large creatures in the background of their newscasts. :D :D :D

$20 to the winner who can get the big red 55DDD brassiere on Anderson Cooper's head!

What you were gonna actually dive and NOT do the reef clean up with us? Tsk Tsk, no rum for you!

showboat:
Yes, Joni and I was planning on going to do the reef clean up on the ibis. So hopefully the wind gods will have a change of heart.
lol if they do watch out - they may get WORSE.

The wind woke us up this morning about 4 am, waking even the cats. The reef is a mess... white caps and "almost breakers" all the way out to the mooring bouys. We saw the Deerfield Beach pier take a couple of good WET ones yesterday evening from a friend's place on A1A, and from ours we saw that the surfers are already out expecting things to really deteriorate.

The kite-surfers are having an absolute blast... this is their element.

Me, I'm playing racquetball this weekend... indoors.

If there's a good racquetball game going, I would love to play some too. The weekend looks shot for anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom