Weekend shore dive conditions in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

showboat:
I can get a court at the YMCA here in Hollywood if interested
We need to do that, Dan! This weekend would be great except that I already played this week lol... it'll be a few days before I recover!

I left "serious play" in 1984 and only played a couple times since, always with the same result: after one or two games a wrenched knee, back pain and usually something else thrown...ankle, wrist etc.

THIS time I'm working up to it slowly; I really want to play tournaments again. I've had a couple of games with a "kid" who runs circles around me - no injuries so far <knock>! I can beat him by controlling the ball, but my scoring slows as I slow waaaay down toward the end. If he serves fast and low to either corner I have to let some of them go. Experience can beat youth, but it takes its toll.

So you have to promise to play maybe with dive weights (20# should do it) and whenever sides change you have to go out and do 15 reps of squats, bench or something else that will wear you out. Also, you have to play wrong-handed with shoelaces tied together AND we should probably smear toothpaste all over your eye protection. Oh, and if that's not enough you can only serve lobs.

Still wanna play?

MikeJacobs:
So you have to promise to play maybe with dive weights (20# should do it) and whenever sides change you have to go out and do 15 reps of squats, bench or something else that will wear you out. Also, you have to play wrong-handed with shoelaces tied together AND we should probably smear toothpaste all over your eye protection. Oh, and if that's not enough you can only serve lobs.

Still wanna play?

Whew only 20# I am glad U did not say 50# just let me know where and when. Might be a problem with tying my shoelaces together with no laces!!!!

lol... today wouldn't be a good shore dive day, and the surf has toned down so it's not even going to be a good boggie-board day. Also, no boats at the balls... probably because there are still a few white-caps above the drop-off.

The wind is now SSE and the can-bouys are bobbing far to the north indicating a killer north current. That's nice, because all the gear being lost down at Commercial/Hibiscus will be making its way up here to me by Wednesday/Thursday. I'm hoping to find a new dive light lol.
CBulla:
Sooooooo...whats it look like over there Mike?

I'm not looking at the weather report, but the seas have finally laid down and though visibility is still null it'll improve if conditions hold. No whitecaps this AM, anyway. If I didn't have family business I'd be planning something lite for the weekend in LBTS, Dania or Hollywood...

It's almost flat and by now the water should be clearning. If the latest from the Careb doesn't spoil it, we'll have a nice weekend along the Broward County shoreline!

I'll be out of town Sat & Sun, but maybe I'll be able to do a night dive Friday or even AM dive on Monday.

Planning on a late afternoon/early evening dive at Hibiscus tonight. Anybody care to join us?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom