Weight Harness Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
trying for a consistent configuration with all types of wetsuit, drysuit, skinsuit etc. like the way the harness system holds to my hips, but not happy with the extra straps and buckles. How do you keep them out of the way and not interfering with BC?

thanx

buckles are hard to avoid, straps can be held down with inner tube though, same way the backup lights are held on. not a fan of weight harnesses but I don't dive with a belt, so i guess my opinion is moot anyway :-D

Don't know what harness you have but if you find a setting that is consistent and the design allows you can take it to an industrial sewer and have the webbing stitched. You may not be able to eliminate all buckles but you may be able to eliminate some.

You can custom make your own harness with seat belt webbing and pop rivets. It will look home made but it will work at least as well as what I have seen on the market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom