Welch Allyn not selling HID ballast or Bulbs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went to Welch Allyns site and can't find the pages for the HID bulbs or ballast.
Their site has changed completely. Anyone out there know anything about what happened. You can still find the Ballast and bulbs else where but not as cheap.

Welch Allyn-----now that's a funny name to see here, a diving site...I've been using WA hand instruments since ~'73---still using them as my retinoscopes & as my direct ophthalmoscopes.....Hmmmm, you sure you not an eye doc??...lol

Hope you find out about the bulbs you need...

WA sold off their Solarc line in 2010.
New source is Ushio.

I don't think the part numbers changed:

B10R001 - 14W Regulated Dual Wattage Ballast
M10N003 - Single Ended Dome Lamp Assembly
M10N004 - Single Ended Lamp Assembly

WA sold off their Solarc line in 2010.
New source is Ushio.

I don't think the part numbers changed:

B10R001 - 14W Regulated Dual Wattage Ballast
M10N003 - Single Ended Dome Lamp Assembly
M10N004 - Single Ended Lamp Assembly

Do Ushio actually sell anything? Called them a while back trying to buy the B10R001 ballast. Got shuffled around a few people,finally got a Sales Reps voicemail.They never called me back.

So, where the heck can I buy this ballast?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved this to Lights where I think it will get more attention from the people who use this light, compared to Basic Scuba.

I actually emailed the Canadian rep for Ushio and got a quick reply back that was very helpful.

Could you post their contact info so I can spend my money with Ushio?

Maybe Canada still has Customer Service? :D

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago with the Ushio in the US using the following phone number: 1 800 838 7446
Angela was willing to take an order for some 14W replacement bulbs with a $100 minimum order.

My bulbs were backordered, and when I called asking about the order a different customer service rep said they do not sell direct. I asked for Angela and she provided the updated info on the bulbs availability.

I have been very impressed with Angela professionalism and customer service.

Bulbs should be arriving today :>

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom